Impossible to use plugins with 64-bit version

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rf2nidi, Feb 2, 2017.

1. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Hi,
    i have a problom with plugins using the 64-bit version. If i want to use a plugin, i have to put it into the plugin folder. Correct? I did. Here is a screenshot of the 32-bit version (plugin folder + menu)
    upload_2017-2-2_10-46-30.png
    When i do the same with the 64-bit version, all the plugins, except TrackIR (which i don't need), do not appear in the menu.:
    upload_2017-2-2_10-46-54.png

I use the DeltaBest plugin for severeal years, and it works perfect under 32-bit. But NEVER worked under 64-bit. TrackIR ist the only plugin in 64-bit wich is identified by rf2. Since roughly 3 month i am us ing the steam version, but nothing changed.
    Any ideas what it could be?

Regards, nidi

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you enabling it with control + D? I use it in 64bit currently

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Plug-in's that are made for 32 bit wont work in 64 bit programs. Track map (that I use is 64 bit and works).
    You haven't said what the plug-in/s are that you used to use. Maybe someone could point you in the right directing to get a 64 bit version if their available.

peterchen likes this.
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I see there are 3 other rF2 plug-in that you should have in both the 32 bit and 64 bit lists. Their all rF2 installed.

Try refreshing your install via Steam (Verify the program). If these folders are missing this should restore them.
    Open steam, Game library, Right click on rF2, Properties, Local files, Verify integrity of game. This will clean up your install and repair/replace any broken files.

5. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Thank you guys, for your answers. I forgot to mention: The version of delta best in the 64bit folder is v23, the latest. It is available only for 64 bit. In the 32 bit folder is an older version, i don't know exactly which, but that works fine. The problem is not deltabest, i think, cause there are some other plugins too, which does also not appear in the plugins list.
    Another detail worth to mention: this computer runs Window 7. Maybe this could be the reason?

6. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

I tried to repair the rf2 istallation as you suggested. No success, still no plugins in 64 bit.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Hi, from your pics it seems you are trying to put 32-bit plugins in 64-bit folder, that won't work. For example TrackMap 64-bit file is named TrackMapPlugin_64.dll, DeltaBest 64-bit is DeltaBest_x64.dll, etc. Use those instead.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Even if that's true, the standard plugins look to be the 64 bit ones (they've long been named the same for 32 and 64 bit, and that's now the recommendation) and they're not showing up either.

D.Painter likes this.
  9. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Hi, i only put the deltabest plugin into these folders. I am sure, it is the 64bit version. All others came by the installation. I did not touch them.

10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The plug-in's that Lazza is referring to and I mentioned earlier are Stock rF2 plug-in's. These aren't installed in the plug-in folder but they should be showing in the plug-ins list but aren't. They are showing in the 32 bit example but not in the 64 bit.

Apart from your Deltabest there should be 4 others including the TrackIR. Your missing 3 out of the stock rF2 content in the 64 bit version. This is the reason I suggested you Verify your rF2 install.

Could it be because your running Win7?
    I wouldn't think so.

One thing I did when I was on Win7 was not have rFactor 1 or 2 in the Programs folder. Being a modder it was always asking for admin permission to do anything. Moving them out side of that folder so the path was just C:/rFactor/ it solved a lot of it.

Not saying for sure but Win7 maybe blocking those plug-in's while it's in the Programs folder.????

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sure, not. I`m on win7, too and never got any files, plugins or programs blocked.

My rF2 path: .\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well there you go then. I was only thinking out loud as an idea. I guess it must be something else then.

No idea what to suggest from here. Sorry.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, latest version (v23) is x64 only. The file is DeltaBest.dll.
    x86 isn`t longer supported.
    @rf2nidi
    i would remove the deltabest files from you Bin32 folder

//Edit: maybe a dumb question...however...as you where using all the time in the past the x86 version of rF2, did you removed the tick for the x86 version from the settings?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

I removed deltabest from 32bit folder. It's just the same. I don't think is has something to do with deltabest. It is my installation of rf2 itself, which has a problem, because other plungins which came automatically with the installation do also not work.

15. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Is there a possibility to talk to somebody at studio-397 about this problem?

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Then i would really remove everything inside the UserData folder, maybe take a copy from it and put it somewhere and let rF2 make all files new.

17. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

The user data folder?

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

.\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData

19. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Do you think there is something wrong in there?

20. rf2nidi

rf2nidi Registered

Do you know, where the graphic settings are stored?