IMPORTANT HEADS UP for AMD gpus users!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelju_K, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

There is confirmed bug in the new Adrenalin 23.2.1 driver that might put your pc into infinite boot loop on driver install, AND corrupt your windows install. particularly on W10.
    the reason seems to be conflict between MS released driver for AMD gpus and the one published by AMD. so if your pc (Windows) automatically updated your gfx driver, and then you installed the amd release on top of it, this can happen to you.

atomed and DJCruicky like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We've seen at least one user who is still experiencing video lockups with the newest driver. I'm sticking with v22.5.1 of the Radeon drivers.

3. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I installed 23.2.1 to replace 22.5.1 and it's worked without flaw and given me an increase in performance. I was running RF2 in VR at 60fps. Now I can run it at 90fps with the same settings. I'm upping the graphics settings in game gradually now to see how far I can push it. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 22H2.

4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I have installed the 23.2.1 to replace the 22.5.1, but cant feel any improvements. And after the upgrade I have experienced some strange lockups in rf2. If its the driver or RC I dont know for sure.
    The lockups and some times CTD, periodically happens when changing showrooms, refreshing skin, and loading some tracks.

Even my GIMP program crash sometimes now.

I give it some more time, else I return to 22.5.1.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I'm downgrading again to 22.5.1. Four crashes within an hour...

6. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

Just deleted MS. Works great on Linux and AMD.

Kahel likes this.
  7. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

I do IT for a living. If you're facing graphic driver issue... try this:

What ever flavor of nVidia (or ATI... I mean AMD) driver you are running, From Guru3d, get and run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). If you don't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... it's your Windows.
    There is a link to page for nVidia and one for AMD. It goes like :
    "We have an extensive AMD support thread over here and an NVIDIA over here."
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

After... proud nVidia owners, again from Guru3D, install these drivers. Just read the post to understand what they are but there is also the instruction to do it yourself on your direct download from nVidia.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/531-79-clean-version.433367/

ATI... AMD, sorrey, your shietz out of luck. Well there is a "Radeon Software Slimmer" thread under "Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section" but you're on your own, I never used that as I am an nVidia... pundit. :p

The whole place is a goldmine of information... especially in the respective brand "Drivers Section".

HF!