If you are experiencing a strong noise/rattle with your controller...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Juliano, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ ISI someone mentioned that the ffb was great in build 45 closed beta...is there any chance we can get that file please?

2. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

hi

personnaly i like the new ffb,... when i'm on the road^^

gravel, rumbles etc.. kill my logitech and my brain :D looks like we don't have tyre on it, but directly the rim.

is there nothing to search on your side about increase the feeling of the aligning torque (or something else) on our wheels ? to be able to reduce the % of ratles and noise

3. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

This is exactly how it feels with a Momo Racing wheel. For me the FFB is well done while you are on the tarmac and also on the curbs but while you are on the grass is like you are on stones, as Terence said. Is there a way to disable or tune the FFB effect only for the grass?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are there any plans to reintroduce a 'simple' damper in the FFB settings to allow for different wheels (as per rF1, especially the "FFB steer force max change" setting), or should adjusting the torque filter cover it?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I get the same with my profiler on 450°... so it actually does 'adjust the settings', even setting the lock higher than what's in the profiler :)

Second thoughts... maybe a FFB update will cure the issue, but I'd very much like the 'max change' setting back regardless. That way wheels with rattle issues can be slowed down in the bumpy bits (and introduce a little latency, albeit 0.3-0.4s) while there's no latency elsewhere.

6. schuee

schuee Registered

Im hoping for this also along with a few other Gui features that where in Rfactor.

7. WallyM

WallyM Registered

Are there any plans to introduce a FFB clipping meter, a la netKar PRO's?

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Both ini's? the main controller ini and the one i saved?

So i could not have like 3 different profiles all using different settings for each mod i have, because i also need the controller.ini to have the same value?

btw, G27, rattling was horrendous, now its getting there using 6 and now moving to higher numbers to see what is up over there.

Also, when selecting my saved profile the values are not allways loading, especially ffb settings tend to stay default and i need to re-load a few times before it actualy gets there. Not sure if off topic or allready discussed elsewhere.

9. Delta Five Nine

Delta Five Nine Registered

I had a similar problem, and either bringing the sensitivity up or making the wheel 900 degrees on the Logitech Profiler appears to have fixed it. My sensitivity is now on 120%, for reference.

10. fabianoh

fabianoh Registered

Great! I've adjusted the profiler to 900 degrees and it worked. Thanks! The only problem is that the wheel won't lock at the car's corresponding degree of rotation (it continues to turn further), though this is not a major problem.

11. Maddmatt

Maddmatt Registered

What is the tick rate of the FFB? So people know how much latency they are adding when adjusting this torque filter.

You just say 'frames' so people are going to think it relates to FPS.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Terence confirmed it's 'physics frames' (on the last page), so that's 400Hz. A setting of 12 equals 0.03s (I typo'd in an earlier post), so the actual latency isn't much at all... for me it's more about losing the fidelity when you run a rolling average.

13. Gadgit7

Gadgit7 Registered

I have a T500RS and had the same issue (also the same as RF1 and..dare I say..C.A.R.S)
    I changed the overall forces setting in the T500RS Controller.ini from 100000 to -100000 and all was fixed.

Would be nice to have a FFB strength bar in the sim menu that also goes to -100% as per RF1.

Also the off track FFB is just mad...rattles the fillings :eek:

Car feel is good imo

All in all so far very good and i'll drive again once I get both my shoulders reconstructed after crashing at Massa chicane at full noise...ouch ;)

Cheers

Gaz

14. Tiger

Tiger Registered

hi'
    my g27 start to rumble as soon as the engine starts, with a fu*** noise!
    the torque filter is at zero...
    therefore, I set the ffb at a lot less strong than the default, meaning 30, and there, it begins to be acceptable
    I was wondering why is it so strong, and also why don't we have more details to rule the ffb strength in every way, as we could do with the ffb menu in rf1?

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

Hmm, strange. It does lock here.

16. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Please ISI this is an high priority task. I'm not going to do many laps or play online until this is fixed as I don't wont to break my wheel or wake up all my neighbors ;)
    Working on the controller.ini to soften FFB effects will ruin your experience on the tarmac and curbs, which I think are well done. Please soften how the tyres behave on the grass and gravel, there's no need to do it perfectly right now, you can fine tune it later.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work, rf2 rocks!

17. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i would be happy to bring you as much info as i could, but i don't know what info is significant on that topic.
    to start with: have you guys at isi got a Driving Force GT to use on RF2? i would love to know settings for that wheel that you deem good.
    well i'm gonna do some more testing today. will try to give you details about it.
    btw. maybe everyone who complained about the lack of feel should be asked what wheel and what settings he uses.

18. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I have flipped every .ini file over backwards and forwards- i cant find a setting that stops the rumble in the jungle without losing that great ffb feeling... I hope they release a Fix in the update...

19. Takamisakari

Takamisakari Registered

I've the Fanatec GT3 RS2 and set the FFB down to 10 oder 20 (on the wheel).

The first time I run the game I was shocked about the heavy FFB at 100. That was like driving a monster truck which is driving over trash cars.

20. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

My DFGT setting:

Profiler:
    dfgt.png

rF2:
    Steering torque filter="16"

Now I dont expierience any stron noise/rattle ;)