I need answers. I'm bored of waiting for rfactor 2 content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jarmour, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

I love racing and I used to love this game. I know that this is a progressive kind of thing but in all honesty I think there needs to be improvement almost everywhere.

When I bought this sim I knew it was a wip, and for that reason I very nearly went for rfactor instead.
    I did however think that the quality of content that would be introduced would be a regular thing. I haven't seen any new introductions from isi for single seaters, no LMPs no new tracks, what about dynamic weather, lighting for night races, sorting out the stupid menu?! When are you going to start adding commentary/pit assistance? I'm bored of waiting for all of this, and I haven't heard anything about any of it. It's almost like this game is dead.

This game was released in 2012 and people spend good money expecting quality and I don't see too much of that right now. The last car that was officially released by ISI is a road car from 1999?! Why?!

Isi needs to take a look at the competition. Can some one PLEASE give me some info on what to expect?

Thanks.

2. melg

melg Registered

Take a look at what competion? AC still work in progress with not much content. Pcars wip with not much content. Iracing with content you have to pay for. Have a look around the forum and you will find content being added to by modders including cars and tracks so I can't see how you can say there is not much content. Yes you might think progress is slow but Rome was not built in a day. It will get there just like Rfact1 took time.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

None of your improvement suggestions make much sense, except for the menu, and even that is a small detail. Btw, there is an excellent modded menu being created at moment by FSR. The night lighting is excellent since the automated HDR came in last build. Pit commentary/assistance I feel is more of an american racing thing. For example do you hear Ferrari pit crew telling mr Raikkonen when to turn left or right? Dynamic weather can already be used with plugins, but yes it would be nice to have that in menu. But consider ISI competing products have no weather at all... The car/track licensing costs a lot, I don't think ISI can do much better on the licensing front unless they charge a price for each car/track as iRacing does.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice trolling sir, I like it :)

Jarmour, we all have wishes and demands. some rave about 'a road car from 1999' others don't like it. whatyagonnado? or did you mean you expected to see content solely based on your preferences?
    If that's so I can understand your disappointment.

But maybe instead of waiting around you get some action instead, did you actually experience rf2 as is? for me i'm often unsure whether its a mod or just the overall physics/tires/RR that makes it such an amazing experience. in other words, you might be missing out on stuff you are ignoring.

And yes, the current UI....so what. its not a UI simulator so pass it asap and get driving.

As for content, I think we have to accept the fact that ISI is creating a platform for modders. if you want new content its going to come from them mostly. was the same in rf1. I don't think that's going to change much. anything ISI puts out is icing on the cake for us all.
    There's plenty to go by so if you're bored, you're doing it wrong. (maybe apart from online racing which is indeed deadish)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

this is a duplicate post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.