I didn't know RF2 had flashbacks!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Well 2 years into owning this game and I just found out it's possible to 'save' your race and play it from any point. For those that don't know, you go to replays in options, then choose your replay and just hit 'resume' from the point you want. I think this is very cool for those times you've been shunted off by AI, or maybe you just want to go with an attitude of 'ok, I get 2 flashbacks per race' to save yourself the annoyance of a 30 minute minute race and blowing it on the last lap.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Kinda surprising the amount of people that do not know this. Maybe implementing some sort of placebo save/resume race option would be a good idea

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Yeah, resume from replay is pretty convenient.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I use it for endurance races with AI. I don't ever have 24 hours free, and couldn't drive for 24 hours straight by myself anyway, but an hour or two a week, saving replay afterwards? No problem.

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I also use it to learn tracks like the final sector of Nords. Without driving sector 1 and 2.

And u can even repeat it.

7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Heh, that is actually a VERY good idea! :)

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Racing 24H piece by piece, for some reason i find that utterly hilarous and cool at the same time :-D

10. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Wow, I didn't know this. Looking forward to some proper endurance racing now. Thanks for highlighting this!

11. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Yes this is a great future but the are some negatives. For example your setup isn't saved, the required fuelload is halved, so take care when cimming to a pitstop and tyrepressures are not saved, so check that also before your next stop. Last but not least, breakbalance is reverted to default. I like more brakepresdure on the front, so after the resume take take care at the next breaking point specially when the tyretemperatures also have dropt. Tyrespressures and fuelload can be dealt with at your next pitsstop. Breakpressure not so apply a button before you resume. So good future, but you have to take care. Have fun with all the endurance races

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Isn´t the assigned setup the one that loads then?
    Can someone confirm?

13. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Also, any damage acquired has miraculously fixed itself.

I miss GTR2.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, so it seems as though the car state and set-up is not saved, as improbable as that sounds for this feature. Can ISI confirm what is and what is not saved related to the car and let us know when any missing items will be addressed?

15. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Its look like some people did no try this feature since long time ago.

car damage IS restore (maybe some light damage will not be restore, but if you have something yellow OR red on your damage hud, it will still be yellow or red)

Tires wear IS restore (Not flatspot)

The default assigned setup is loaded by default. Just be careful to assign your setup before the race starts and you will be OK if you resume from replay.

I did not test since the new build, but now the garage setup is restore on race rejoin (for MP). This 2 feature (race rejoin and resume from replay) are close in term of limitation, so "maybe" it is working for resume from replay too.

Things to know:

- Brake temp are NOT restore, so if you are resuming at the end of a straight line before an hard braking brake earlier than usual.
    - Last time I tried, their was a bug where the pit exit light stayed RED if you resumed from the pit lane. (workaround: resume after you exit pit lane)
    - not sure if brake wear is restoring.
    - You can resume from replay with ANY car on track. Just use + and - on your keypad to select the desired car.
    - tire wear is restore, not the flatspots (that would be cool if flatspot were restore. (same goes for driver swap now too in MP)
    - not sure if IA Strength stay the same (let say you put the IA at 100% and start the race. Leave, change the difficulty to 110% and resume from replay. Does the IA strength is 100 or 110. I don't know. My guess would be 110%)
    - IA assigned setup is probably updated if you change the IA assigned setup for the current track too after starting the race.

I think thats it.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's been a while since I last tried resume, but from memory I'm pretty sure AceLain's reply is absolutely spot on.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thank you very much for this Info AceLain!

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tire wear is a fairly recent (Build 1028) addition:
    – Added tire wear info to results file. Also, resume-from-replay now restores general tire wear.

19. yusupov

yusupov Registered

also had no idea this was a feature. this is kind of huge, & this is awesome, but it reminds me of STM...why the hell is it buried?? this should be very prominent.