I can't see my own server, but others can see it and enter

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Joaquin Cura, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Joaquin Cura

Joaquin Cura Registered

Basically what the title says. I think i've done everything right beside this problem, so idk where it might be coming from. Im opening server with Steam CMD and the dedicated server folders.

These are the ports that i have opened right now

54297 UDP/TCP

27013 TCP

27014 UDP

27015 UDP

(plus the ones that are in the official rFactor2 tutorial page)

And i've modified the multiplayer.json file, and i've ran the 4 vcredist files in the Runtime folder aswell since i saw a person somewhere here doing that. But still can't see my own lobby. Not even in LAN. But my friends can enter and race. So i don't know what else to do!

If anyone might have an idea about this issue please let me know, and any type of help regarding this will be much appreciated!

yashiman likes this.
  2. justposted

justposted Registered

Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same problem. I can see the server here, for example, but not when I am in rFactor itself.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If the server is dedicated and at the same ip address as your PC (if server is on the same router and has the same outside ip) then try looking in the LAN server list, that's what I have to do because my router doesn't have loopback options.

4. Joaquin Cura

Joaquin Cura Registered

Yes i was! The problem was my modem/rounter didn't have a loopback system. Basically you need to mask your IP with another one generated automaticall when you are doing this. I found a tutorial for this in some iRacing forum, not here though. I can't find the link right now bc i don't remember where i found it.. so sorry for that. If i do i'll post it. Anyways i ditched rFactor2.. too many problems and complications for a single game. We race with AC and ACC now.

5. justposted

justposted Registered

It worked! Thanks both for replying (especially Joaquin, given that you don't even play rFactor any more).

I found this guide (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2090435592), which has a section on installation of a virtual loopback network card. Only took a couple of minutes and now I'm up and running.