I am not finding a lot of races with 20+ drivers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Cunningham, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

I would love to see 20+ drivers in the CS series all the time but I guess this has to be organized or something.

I'm new to street and road racing and mostly sort of slow but I can keep the car on the track. This make it easier to get points in the CS but there just isn't enough drivers there.

AI is ok and I'm still about 1sec slower then the AI atm. So this means racing others that are 2-3 seconds faster is going to be boring. I'm going to cruze around the back hoping someone else wrecks.

If I were faster atm maybe that would be ok for 6-8 drivers but atm it's just not fun to race 8 drivers that are 3 seconds faster. Some are even 5 seconds faster and even 4 seconds faster then the AI on some tracks. I know a full field might not change that exactly but at least there would be enough drivers that are not 5 seconds faster then AI that I could race against and then those that make a lot of mistakes and ruin their car etc. I can get better in the mean time but still am bored with small fields of drivers.

Sooo... Mostly just looking for some races.

I see some posted races in the online racing section of the forums; and those times are actually good for me. UK times in the 17:30 to 19:30 is good for me.

However, when I go to the pages and check the results and standings there only seems to be one server with a field of drivers and most of the others are limited to maybe 5 to 10 drivers tops.

At this point I don't really care what cars or tracks but mostly want to drive against a field of other drivers if there is such a thing.

Any advise ?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd offer a few tips:
    • Not all fields have the full range of aliens to beginners. Sometimes races of 6-8 people can have more people at your level than a popular series with 25 in it.
    • 8 people in a race tends to look less attractive than higher numbers, but 9 looks better. Might attract a 10th, then more. If you have time to drive and there's some people racing, join in. (If you basically end up lapping alone, it's still an opportunity to practice)
    • It's always easier in hindsight, but try to learn something every time you drive. If you're 5 seconds behind other drivers on a 2 minute lap you will be doing some things wrong. Make use of some practice time to jump onboard with them and see what they're doing. (setup sometimes plays a part, but rarely much more than a second) Smaller groups can be better for this as it tends to be less competitive - people will often give advice if asked (it's usually easy to see why a slower driver is slower. It can be much harder the other way)

Comante, pkelly and ThomasJohansen like this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

When I have time for online, I don't mind even if there are just 1 or 2 people on the track. As Lazza said, you have a lot to learn, looking at others is a great school: record replays of your online races and look your driving compared to the other players. Ask politely for setups from others and try to understand how you should handle the car and the track you are in.

atomed likes this.
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

The sideline is that with time you will learn how to find drivers online and probably will befriend some.

atomed likes this.
  6. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered