Released Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance BTCC!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 5, 2022.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

It's safe to say that I am REALLY digging this Hyandai!

PirroC, leseb64, 2ndLastJedi and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Just a quick note for those talking about the similarity in audio. To be clear, of the four cars released so far, we've got three that run the very same engine (TOCA / Swindon) and one that uses their own engine. The engines and exhaust systems run under the same regulations, so the three TOCA units ofc sound identical, and the fourth engine irl sounds very, very similar - just like has been recreated in rF2.

In terms of handling - all four cars use unique data we have been provided, but again irl, the series uses a lot of spec parts, and runs to a very prescriptive rule set - so you will find these cars are broadly very similar in the real world. That said, all the cars developed thus far for rF2 have their own development and datasets, and all offer differences between them - just in some case these will be subtle - again like the real series.

Appreciate we will all find our own mileage / expectations / feelings are different from each other, but for me at least, these cars are some of the best the studio has ever produced.

Oh and as for tyre wear... adjust driving styles to suit the cars and it will be fine. Drive hard and rough, don't expect tyres to last. Again, exactly like real life :)

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

upload_2022-8-11_20-13-56.jpeg FWD blows your brain but rewarding when you can get it right.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In our small community there is a regular group of about 30 drivers, of which 5, in addition to going fast, their tires last a lot, the rest of us suffer much more, I can say that the degradation is only due to the way each driver drives, not for the tires.

5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Something is wrong with the windscreen on the i30 in storms!!
    20220813175636_1.jpg
    I tried a different car in case it was just this ones screen but the same thing, it happens for a few seconds when it starts raining then the blur clears up but now there is no drops or rain at all on the screen where it is clearly a wet track and spray coming from my car and cars around.
    20220813175034_1.jpg
    20220813175206_1.jpg

7. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

Ok I understand that we are not supposed to drive fast around racing circuits with FWD cars in order to conserve tyre (which probably models real life, as the WTCR series has become a complete joke for example).

However, even if I can make the tyres last a whole race, there is no way not to slow down in the end phase. The AI is turning in laps apparently unaffected by wear. How do you guys handle this, apart from turning off tyre wear? To be honest, it makes offline racing impossible for casual players.

PirroC likes this.
  8. Leynad

Leynad Registered

The nice thing about FWD is: Pushing too much is just slower. And I'm quick enough to beat Michi Hoyer. And when 25 min race causing 7% tyre wear in a Stockcar and 70% in a BTCC with medium slicks, that can't be like 'real life'. Real BTCC-driver would all pick the soft slicks in all races if it's not too hot, but it just isn't allowed: https://us.motorsport.com/btcc/news/btcc-teams-fined-for-croft-tyre-mix-up-/6673338/

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The only BTCC event I've seen lately was at Brand Hatch Indy.(on the TV) Most of the leaders were on soft tires, but the announcers kept pointing to one of the championship contenders who was sliding back. He was on Mediums and lost easily a half dozen places in the first two laps, was well down the field. But by the last 5 laps he was eating the entire field alive and probably finished within the top 7 or so.

AMillward likes this.
  10. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

IMO, you guys who complains can watch more BTCC races or onboards these year, you will feel the sounds are pretty similar which I can't even tell the difference of different engine because they did similar, OFC those TOCA engine cars all sounds the same.

About the driving feeling, I feel very different with hyundai and ford, and drive corolla for some months I can say they're similar but different in details if you push them, like hyundai longer car is stable and corolla is responsive. Also, watch them IRL, it's similar, but I should say simulators (for us) are all games, no one could recreate IRL behavior exactly.
    BUT my problem is : why the FWD all only 360 degree steering, which seems not like it IRL

and for the tire, it's all good if you not push it too hard, we test before, with 15 min races it's no need to use M tire even! (track depends) (IRL, the race is about 25mins to 30mins, so the tire should be only last that long) , and S can perform well all the time especially with rubbers on track. but if you push too hard in a wrong style, like push front tire on corner exit in fwd or locked up, in a single lap it can use 10~15% S tire life.
    As I said IRL it's 25~30mins race, example is last weekend snetterton, 12laps for about 2mins a lap (SC will extend the race). and they should really look after tires especially in FWD cars, they're sucks if they pushed too much in start of the race, for S tire drivers even harder. You will see a lot last minutes battle because different tire choice and different pace (saving tire or push early), so the tire wear is, not wrong at all (although might not be exactly the same).

oh for the interior, they SHOULD be similar but totally different on layout and original "shape" or something of the base car, they use the same dashboard, same button box (but put in different part), and even steering wheel is the same. they did similar but who complain would better to search some IRL shots to look.... (LOL, actually I found the dash is squared not like in game for hyundai, it's a problem in recreation I think:(, they're all cosworth dash/button box so they're the same but seems different kind and shape in
    different year/cars haha/
    I'm not saying it's perfect, many things not good like previously RAKE bug, RWD cars hard to drive and slower than FWD which for us need to BoP FWD to slow it down and even the tire life isn't better on RWD. Also the steering seems wrong for me, and many details of visual bug like plate on hyundai isn't visible without the lighting.

TLDR:
    it's not perfect recreation with many detailed problems, but I should say plz criticize in a correct way instead of what you "thought" the car should be, not based on how it really should be...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They take longer to heat up but last longer. And at Brands the left front gets absolutely HAMMERED.

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Once again: Stock car tyres aren’t built the same way as the BTCC tyres, which in turn aren’t built like formula one tyres.

24hr Nords TCRs aren’t BTCC cars. Different regulations.

In the BTCC league I steward for we have the BMW as an exclusive that was developed with Colin Turkington. He’s only won four championships, what would he know?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    Frederick Alonso and Emery like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

what is for the real car the wheel rotation lock to lock please ?

14. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

look at first few seconds when he saving the car, obviously above 360 degree, I think it's 540

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

i have 900 by default, for all the cars I have the good rotation if it's lower, but for the BTCC cars it's still 900...it doesn't auto scale for these cars...

16. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

strange that, you can check your steering settings, set by vehicle, checked, and some others to match your wheel, I have no problem with it.

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have checked, if I active the set per vehicle option, for the Infiniti it's 540, but for the Ford, Toyota and Hyndai it's 352, and it's too much twitchy 352.
    rf2.jpg
    for Toyota, Hyndai and Ford I can't use manually 540, 545, 550, but only 542, 547, 552 ?????? why ???

But for the Infiniti it's perfect, it's 540
    rf22.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  18. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I don't know any F1-tyres in sim-racing that are as bad as BTCC-tyres in rF2, but probably that's why I unsub your YouTube-channel: too much BS-talk without knowledge. Give me data that prove your points or shut up.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Pot, kettle, black?

20. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm thinking the ignore list just grew.

DiggerHawk, AMillward and Goanna like this.