Huge stutters with new build...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Spyder, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Okay so yesterday I was thrilled with my SLI performance gains from the new nvidia driver but since installing the new build today I'm getting hit with massive stutters. MSI is reporting no loss in Frames when these occur, I'm averaging 80 fps with 5990x1080 ... Anyone else noticed these??

Settings used : Max with HDR, no FXAA, AA level 4, no environment or road reflections, Medium shadows.

2. MrPix

MrPix Registered

hey Spyder... only getting stutters when I have an overlay enabled and showing on screen. In my case it's playclaw again.... dagnabit! If I run with no overlays (MSI or PlayClaw) it runs a treat. I will do a test against yesterday though on the 60 build as I ran a race and have the FPS recorded... so will do this again and see and report back.

Edit: compared to Build 60, no FPS increase and no stuttering on any track or car... not tried all combos, but I can't see any stuttering at all, even with FRAPS ON (I have AA @ x4 AF @ x16 FXAA ON and all display settings @ full/max/ON, apart from Shadows on High and HDR OFF as it destroys my framerate and all is super smooth.

If I put shadows on Low and turn Environment/Road Reflection OFF then I gain 25-75 FPS, sometimes 200+ overall.

Build 60/68 with the latest Nvidia drivers are definitely working... but HDR destroys it all on triple screen... shame.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks MrPix, will try that tomo, never noticed it before this build but hoping turning off MSI will sort this...

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Well my results arent comparable due to our specs, but I run with most everythng enabled except wind, afx4, think ive turned aa down to 2x, med shadows and no sync. Running the 370z on practice day with 25 ai it ran 50fps+ and super smooth. When I switched to the GTR with all same settings it was a stutterfest, impossible to drive lol. Not even microstutters, these were the kind where your here then your suddenly 3 carlengths further lol. Tried booting almost all ai and was still the same.

Edit: This was at the Palm Beach track

Edit#2: Bought a new 560ti with 2 gigs ram today, back to silky smooth with higher settings :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  5. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Okay, tried running without MSI still get stutters. Tried turning off HDR, still get stutters ... Right now I'd rather go back to build 60 but I don't know if that's possible?!

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Spyder,

I haven't tried build 69 yet but with the new 296.10 drivers in build 60 I got great improvment in FPS when running with 15 to 29 AI. And things seemed pretty smooth, i.e., low but not zero stutters. But then when I ran with zero AI the stutters were so bad it was not usable even though my FPS was in the 80s. So I'm wondering if you're running build 69 with no AI and were you running any AI with the new drivers in build 60 when your FPS were so good?

I wonder if anybody else experienced more stutters with zero AI on track.

7. Pits

Pits Registered

Build 69

SLI, maybe a 2FPS increase, have tested a few times, again no damage to the game with the build update but really speaking no real game change for SLI here, still all good because it still works.
    Mum always said, 1st rule. Never do damage.

8. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Pits, can you post your system specs in your profile?

9. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

Spyder, yes, that's what I've done.

Uninstall rF2.
    Run the build 49 install.
    Place the build 60 upgrade in the Updates folder.
    Run the game loader and check for updates. It will, unsurprisingly, tell you build 60 is available.
    Run the upgrade.
    Done.

If you didn't retain the build 49 and 60 installs, you can still download them from advertised locations.

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks Gary, im on it!!