Huge performance hit after updating to build 68

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jubuttib, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

So yeah, same settings as before (though I've added another 8 gigs of RAM to bring me up to 16 gigs) and after updating the performance dropped by about 50-60%. Where I used to get around 60 fps around Mills I'm now getting at best around 30 fps. After lowering everything one notch (so everything on high, not full/max, except shadows are on medium and no blur, used to run everything maxed), even going as far as turning AA and FXAA off I'm barely scraping 55 fps at best.

Just thought I'd note.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

This doesn't help your case really, but I suggest you set the shadow to low; I noticed a tremendous difference in fps, setting it low or just one step higher.
    Off > low diff = 5fps
    low > medium = 25fps
    medium > high = 5fps
    high > full = 5fps

This is not really exact, but it is "more or less". Point is that you should gain fps by at least 20 during your search for the problem.

I don't know what your problem is and can't help you there. Have you tried renewing the .plr file? There are some threats about that here, even a sticky.

That's as far as I can help.

BTW, looked for it, here's the sticky: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-a-build-to-improve-performance-please-revert

3. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Yeah I too have had a slight drop in fps too? i ahve a almost the same system specs as yuo too, except 8Gb of DDR3 and 2x6950 crossfire.

seen few thread banging on about more fps, but NOT here?

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Haven't changed anything in the .plr file though, so it theoretically shouldn't do anything. =)

Anyway, this was more of an FYI post to the devs, I know how to get more FPS by turning down the various options, but thanks anyway. =)

EDIT: Tried it anyway, and surprisingly it seemed to get better. Weird. Still, Mills is a huge FPS hog in this build, wasn't nearly this bad in the previous build.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I also notice fps drop with new build and much worse stability.

6. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

performance with enabled Replay and all settings at maximum with HDR and Fxaa is allways between 38 and 47 FPS in Cockpit view.
    I think it is ok with my Graka ;-) i will buy a new one in the next month...

Three Problems i´ve got since yesterday...

first, after 17 rounds with the new Gt Mod the game crashed complete and btd.
    second, when changing the stats and i came to "penaltys", the view brings me to the sky.
    third, same as second without changing anything....

I have only original data installed, no mod or other things.
    please be sorry for my bad english.... :-(

7. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Performance seems about the same for me but I still have problems.

If I go to desktop and back to game FPS cut by half.

8. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

I have a FPS hit in general with this build over the previous on

The F3 (all cars / all tracks) still have 10 FPS at the start of a race untill you restart then you get your 10 FPS back (also in the previous build)

Also have my first crash (not drivng :) ) - PC locked up while driving --- no heat problems

It dose seem a little smoother when below 60 fps

9. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

just crashed again - clearly not a stable build - roll on the next update

Is there a way to go back to build 60 ?

10. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I concur build 68 is worse fps than 60, and it was completely undriveable in 60 (3 screen eyefinity). I get about 50 on average, hard to tell as it wants to hide the number behind the monitor bezel! Suffice to say it's still unusable for me.
    Other stuff I would say is the sound is really poor, not immersive at all. Hopefully there's a long way to go with that.
    The AI (hell I'd love to play online but that's not happening at these fps) is of an unpredictable standard. In the renaults they are way too fast, in the GTs they are a bit slow, both set at 95%.
    Graphically I am liking quite a lot of things, the reflections in your windscreen, seeing moving images in the mirrors of the other cars, all nice. Which begs the question, "who on earth is responsible for the flags around the track?" I would suggest they have missed their calling and should immediately go to illustrating childrens books. I also find the jumbo jet a bit distracting because of how unreal it looks. The yellow cones are a bit pants as well, too small IMO. Also in the open wheelers the wheels don't seem to move enough to give you the feeling of how tight a corner is, they always look a bit too pointing straight ahead.
    Force feedback for me at the moment is rubbish but this could be due to the lack of fps. Also who is responsible for making the profiles for the controllers? I run with a Fanatec porsche wheel and you would expect the default profile to have most things correct, you wouldn't expect one of your flappy paddle gear changers to do a pit request really would you? Obviously that's minor as it's user changeable but I'm just reporting bugs!
    I have had no pc freezes or crashes with any version so far.

11. varel

varel Registered

I have a huge gain of 15-20 fps on my ATI 4870 from 25-30fps with the new build with the same graphic settings.

In addition I do not get any big impact in fps from shadow settings and HDR (that finally seems to work smoothely).

Thumbs up from me for the new build to ISI.

12. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

Yes, this came up in another thread:

Uninstall rF2.
    Run the build 49 install.
    Place the build 60 upgrade in the Updates folder.
    Run the game loader and check for updates. It will, unsurprisingly, tell you build 60 is available.
    Run the upgrade.
    Done.

If you didn't retain the build 49 and 60 installs, you can still download them from advertised locations.

13. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

Thanks

Since build 69 was released I have not had the issue - seems build 68 was. Will stick with 69 (lol)