Huge Frame drops with ai

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rolando, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Never used replays - disabled - and still performance drops like I posted before in 20 lap races - AMD R3600 CPU and GF 3800 GPU and 32Gig RAM using VR and a HP Reverb G2 here.

2. Rolando

Rolando Registered

well after the poor support from devs, i would say thanks to the comunity, after try the 2 tweak iam able to reduce the drops.

Fixed (kind off)

the "fix" is so ridiculous, anyway first disable the replays and the problem remain but there was an improve from 200fps to 87fps, then set the graphics card from auto to rtx 3070 or whatever you have, now you can enable replays, for my system set to replay fidelity: Medium, record hotlap: off (after all cant find that option) instant replay :30 instead of 100 (no idea 30 what) for now its disable.

So far with 30 ai in spa or nurb now all maxed out smaa x2 Avg 120fps drops to 90fps

without doubt they need to move on to another game like rf3, with a new code cuz this one its broken

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

30 is 30 seconds. The quick replay you see on track when you press the R key. Reducing the value from 100 seconds to 30 seconds probably saves Vram.(guessing on that)
    Devs are watching so that a cause can be found, not for an instant fix. If these rather simple changes are ridiculous to you, I hope you don't run into some of the more difficult problems users have found. Best of luck, People keep saying move on to rF3, but much of the code would come from rF2...since much of rF2 comes from rF1 and F1Championship & F12k & SCGT...baring the fact the original coding team is long gone, that would likely mean any Warts infesting rF2 would carry over to rF3. Enjoy what you can.

4. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Disable replays and the issue regarding frame drops still appears.
    No cpu or gpu load, basically is like the frame draw been waiting for something when the Ai is on screen.
    Don't know if it's graphics related or physics related given that there are no cpu or gpu load. And only when on screen.