Huge fps drop in suzuka isi

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MARIOSF1, Jun 19, 2016.

1. MARIOSF1

MARIOSF1 Registered

So I istalled the isi suzuka from the workshop yesterday and when I tested there(formula isi) alone my fps were good around 60-70. But when I used the apex gt3 mod in the race my fps dropped to 2, you can undrstand that the game was unplayable.. Then I used the f1 2013 mod made by frenky (physics wise) and in practise although I had 60-70 fps when I approached 130R and the last chicane my fps dropped again to 2.

I am confused, I haven't had this problem in any track(mod or oficcial) so far with rf2 not even with nordschleife.. It's worth mentioning that I had some stutters driving in suzuka but not the huge fps drop. I read from the guy that originally made this track, that we may need to downgrade the graphics, but is it well optimised?

Any help is welcome and THANKS.

P.S Sorry for my english, it's not my native language. And I have max settings all the time with good fps all the time.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it would be better, to report this issue there...

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're probably running out of video memory, which starts a whole process of swapping things in and out of memory which will slow things down a lot. Have you tried lower track detail settings?

Note: a 'physically big' track (like nords) doesn't necessarily use more memory; it depends on the detail in the geometry and the textures used. It would be possible to build a single car that uses more memory than any rF2 track with any (released) full field of cars, but obviously no one makes cars with that much detail because you couldn't run it. This track is known to be more detailed and resource-hungry than other ISI (/3PA) tracks, so may require lower settings to run properly (and, probably, some won't be able to run it at all). That's nothing to do with optimisation.