HTV Vive Controller compatibility

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by VV-Albator, May 14, 2020.

1. VV-Albator

VV-Albator Registered

Hello,

I tried rFactor 2 McLaren Edition on VivePort and I could notice that my HTC Vive controllers were perfectly supported (mouse + virtual steering wheel).

So I bought the full version on Steam and unfortunately my HTC Vive controllers are not supported by the game (mouse + virtual steering wheel).

I tried many settings, but I can only guide the game with the mouse and keyboard ...

Can you help me understand why?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

On the Viveport web page for rF2 Mclaren It says you have to disable your Vive controllers to allow steering wheels to work. I'll be honest, I hadn't even heard of this version of rF2, and it looks to be a stripped down version. So we may not have correct information to share with you. As to why the wheel is not supported with the full game.... that is confusing. Vive should be natively supported via Steam. I'd look there first for any controller options, if there are any. I guess one question, what wheel are you using?

3. VV-Albator

VV-Albator Registered

I do not have a steering wheel, and do not intend to buy one.

This is why I was so seduced by the rFactor2 McLaren Edition demo. This game allowed me to drive in Formula 1 and use my Vive Controllers to simulate a steering wheel and control my mouse.
    No need to use my PC keyboard and mouse, the game is 100% VR-friendly.

So I clicked on the icon which offered to get the full version and I bought the full version.

I downloaded the full version (rFactor 2 version 1.1117) and I had the unpleasant surprise to find that it does not work the same way.
    I have to use the PC keyboard and mouse, and the Vive Controllers no longer allow me to simulate a steering wheel.

The demo version would therefore be more advanced than the full version ???

I took pictures for you, so that you better understand the problem...

rFactor 2 McLaren Edition
    [​IMG]

rFactor 2 Full Game
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope that someone could help me...

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's confusing, but the vive McLaren edition is a single player game made for the vive. It's not a demo of rF2 (there is one, a bit out of date but won't support your controllers either) and isn't really directly related.

I don't know what support is intended later with the new UI, I suspect VR support will only improve but it won't be immediate.