[REL] Howston G4 & G6 Carset - 1954 Endurance Racing

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hello,
    For a bit of fun I've made an addon skin pack for the Howston G4 and G6.
    The fictional liveries are inspired by endurance racing in Western France in mid-1954.
    There are 44 liveries for the G4, and 42 of those are adapted for the G6, totaling 86 skins over the two car models.

The G4 cars are numbered in the 100s, and G6 cars numbers are in the 200s (e.g. car #204 is a G6).
    These skins don't conflict with the original Howston skins, or most of their numbers.
    These skins can be used separately from the original skins, but the original ISI cars need to be installed (no longer needed in v1.301).
    Set the available opponent classes to Howston_G4_1954_Endurance and/or Howston_G6_1954_Endurance to race 1954 Endurance G4 and G6 together/separately.
    By default, the G4 is MkIII_67 and the G6 is MkI_65 (deselect these opponent classes to deselect the stock Howstons).

The package includes a basic talent file. Also contains UI icons, thanks to Noel Hibbard for the handy thumbnail util - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22551-rFactor2-Vehicle-Thumbnail-Generator

please note that the video is only meant as a basic demo of the liveries, rather than an action video :)

DOWNLOAD:
    Howston_G4G6_1954_EnduranceCarset_v1301.rfcmp (466MB - includes engine sounds)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/1wm6o8zp1yh6ksy/Howston_G4G6_1954_EnduranceCarset_v1301.rfcmp

v1.0 - outdated >> Howston_G4G6_1954_Endurance_Carset_Addon.rfcmp 265.3 MB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5YRF1IIJ!6uO2fo8lhBHiFDQ7I1u26grJ81iDFVOiKZczurzHipM

EDIT: Now also available, a 1967-inspired G4 and G6 carset

EDIT: No engine sounds in-game?? Solution Here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...durance-Racing?p=400387&viewfull=1#post400387 - or update to v1.301 which now includes the engine sounds

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Woohoo Woochoo!

Looks like that would have been thirsty work. I'd buy you a beer if there was a donate button.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Don't worry, I've got that one sorted ;)

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Woochoo... you da MAN!

thank you so much for this. :)

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks woo :cool:

6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

No worries guys
    It's a bit of an obscure concept, 50's style paint on late '60's cars, but it was fun to make, and i don't mind looking at them :)
    Hopefully they can bring some joy to others as well

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Cheers woo... :)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Can this pack be installed alongside the original Howstons?
    Or will it conflict?

Edit: never mind, everything is working like a charm. Gorgeous!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  9. Emery

Emery Registered

Cool!

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

woochoo, what the blazes are you doing painting cars? Now you turn around this instant and go back to your track duties!!

Really, thanks for the carset.

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yeah, you know how it is. Sometimes a quick and dirty side-project does wonders for the main project :)

12. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Thanks for these! ;)

13. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Thanks Woo!

Now if I only had an updated Longford to race on ... (hint, hint). I know, I'm so impatient.

14. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Hi woochoo, how can I learn to build such a skin/opponents package? Thanks.

15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi Cosimo,
    I'm not sure if i did it properly.
    I used the original ISI mas files which have the car's physics, gmt, and main texture files. I think they need to be included. It didn't work without them.
    Then in the teams folders, I edited the .Veh files and made new liveries from the psd templates on the downloads page.
    The talent file is based on the original file too, but i changed some values to make some AI drivers slower or faster.
    In the end the team livery and car mas files are packed into mas files. The talent file is packed into it's own mas. Then I packed them all into a multi component (which i don't think is the right way anymore).
    I didn't use devmode for any of it (because i couldn't get the cars to work in devmode).

It's my first time messing about with car packages like that, so there are probably better ways to do things. There might be some better info in the car modding section. At least there will be more people who know what to do better than i do.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just wondering...These skins appear to be working fine, but the mod manager complains that is a damaged mod.. What gives?

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

No idea :)
    Might be to do with it being a multi component, so maybe check if it's installed under that group.
    It might cause a problem if it's only installed as a veh.
    If it's only installed as a veh, then you probably don't have the talent file installed with it either.
    I didn't learn how to install it all JUST as a veh, which apparently is the thing to do these days.

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I've got the talent showing, so maybe just a "null" complaint from latest build. Oh, and thanks (and to all modders) for putting up with all of us "obsessive, anal, dependent" end-users!

19. Justy

Justy Registered

Ahhhh! My favourite car just got a whole lot better! Thankyou very much woochoo! :cool:

20. buzzmmms

buzzmmms Registered

Hello All,

Thank you for these great skins. I fear I must have done something wrong as none of the "skinned" cars have engine sound (inside or out). The cars work in game, drivable and all - just no sound. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Again, Thank You for the skins.

buzz