Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

---These cars used a H-pattern shifter and a manual, hydraulically activated pedal system, twin plate 7.25 inches---

thanks for the new content...its time to implement a clutch.

2. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Much appreciated. Have to go to work no time for morethan few hundred yards. Looks like it'll be a new learning curve for driving and setup.
    Thanks
    Sam weaver

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

these are fantastic with the clutch, I don't know how many times I thought I was spinning the wheels when it was actually a missed shift lol.
    gone are the days of paddle shifters . I use my G25 in sequential shift mode as 4th to 3rd downshift with H pattern is worn and jams but still more realistic having to concentrate on shifting.
    these cars are going to teach people how to drive as they are so hard to go fast in, I did about 20 laps at Sebring and it was just great seeing the track rubber up and getting more grip on the rubber line, just a blast.
    Thanks ISI, another winner in my book.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is simply amazing! Just had the most intense race around Monza 10K, the banked corners are just insane in these cars. So much fun!

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you ISI! Also, the new DL page looks great!

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

First car in rF2 that you can properly drive through the corners with throttle. You can initiate a powerslide on a whim and hold it through the corner. By far IMO ISI's best work in rF2. Physics feel very good to me, only complaint as always is the low grip on green track but get them tyres and brakes going and it is properly rewarding. I had to up my FFB to around 1.60 to get the feel i want but once dialled in, it felt very good. Weight of car translates well. Still this holding on for dear life feeling at times though, when you don't know what the car is doing and you just hold on, don't like this feeling.

Braking feedback i feel needs improving, that's really across the board though in rF2 than just this car.

The sound is sensational, sounds ferocious and really adds to the drama. Graphically i think it's dissapointing, for me this level of model and stuff was acceptable last gen, not now, needs alot of work. But really that's picking, to drive i love it. But feels like a step backwards after the last car graphically.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Historically accurate too, Lola is the only ISI car to have actually raced at Monza 10k.

8. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks!

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks for the new cars.
    I must say I too, like the layout of that page.
    Dating and revision number instantly allows you to see what the latest version is.
    Wish all the addons in the progress forum followed this format.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+ over 9.0000!!

Well done and thx ISI, excellent cars :)))

11. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I know this may not be your issue but worth the risk mentioning if it helps you as much as me --> Have you adjusted brake bias?

I felt the same way with the 60s F1 cars until I adjusted brake bias because the fronts were locking up early so once I shifted bias toward the rear I had better feedback. Of course, have no idea if this is your issue or how Howston's are setup as I haven't tested yet.

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks ISI, best car yet for me, love it:cool:

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well as said i mean across the board in rF2 as a whole really. But with these cars i miss it even more. I could see a few times, i locked the fronts but had no feedback in the wheel suggesting that i was on the point of locking or was already locking. So while you can limit the locking by playing with setup, it still lacks the feedback. I only have visual cues, which is too late. I want to be able to feel the locking. Braking can feel weak because of this. I understand cars of this era had flacky brakes in comparison to today but still.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Edited first post with a screenshots link and to say that the mirrors are now not my dropbox anymore (two sites in germany).

15. 88mphTim

It probably is. The first generation of this model was probably built in 2009. This is among the first cars we built, and although every effort is put in to spruce it up, a keen eye will still be able to tell the difference between one that is scratch built now, or one that was updated.

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I think a nice feature would be to build these profiles into the game itself.

Btw, I noticed in replays my G6 has a transparent bubble/huge egg sitting over the engine that reflects / refracts the area around it. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks ISI, downloaded and racing....NOW!

18. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Great Work ;)
    However, there is no inner rear view mirror to G4 is I want you to fix.

19. 88mphTim

That's the heat haze not working for some reason for you. Not sure what you should do to fix, but that will be the cause.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Back in 79, my friend purchased a Chevron B16 and I got to do two high-speed runs at the wheel on a semi-private road.
    The G6 car somewhat reminds me of that experience.
    After attempting a few laps at Brianza with the G4, I gave in.
    I'd have to agree 100% about the brakes.
    The G6s felt better...though not by much.
    The sound is quite good though.