Howston Dissenter Skins?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by 2ndLastJedi, Feb 9, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've been enjoying driving this old Girl and was wondering if anyone is or has considered making some skins for it ?
    Having these cars as a one make series is fun and all but having a category with different looking cars of similar age and performance would be even better .
    When someone makes a skin can they do face lifts to make a certain car look like another car so that we could have a similar looking category like GT Legends or something .
    I have no idea what is involved or even how to start doing something like this , so if im being silly please excuse my ignorance .
    Someone was trying to help me just to convert a car from rF over to rF2 just so i could see how things work and that just ruined my head badly .lol So it gave me a even better respect for what modders and programmers do .
    I have been searching the net for any skins or even cars of a similar vintage for rF2 but have come up empty handed :( Not sure why this car hasnt seen the same love as some other cars but would truely love more classic GT cars .

woochoo likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Nobody ?
    Sadness setting in :(

3. boxer

boxer Registered

There are skins around... but most are fantasy ones. I done two or three for myself and another user.

You could try to create something like the F3 rookies community skin pack. You may find many people have already created their version of their skins for that car but haven posted them on the forum. Others may be willing to create it.

Also try looking into the skin thread. (With the ISI to S397 forum move most file links have been lost i think)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/post-your-rf2-car-skins-here.33862/page-99

if you can't find any then perhaps make request for specific skins.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

The F3 Rookie ? Sorry you lost me ? do these work for the Dissenter?

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I think the comment about the F3 pack more relates to the concept of grouping together personalised skins from the community. Those skins will only fit on the F3 though. But, as yet there isn't a community pack for the Dissenter...

I'd be interested to know if it was possible to make a physics variation on the Dissenter. Say an optional alternate engine that had less acceleration but more top speed, for example. Or a less powerful but lighter car package. Or heavier with more power. Just a few tweaks to adjust the character of the car, but remain balanced for competition. That might make for a more engaging community pack.

Here is a skin I made a little while ago. American Blue/White for the manufacturer, with Australian Green/Gold for the driver :D
    GRAB_004.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cytyqn0ydgpxha3/alt_wht37.mas?dl=0

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah Man , i like the way you think and love your work .
    Thanks for the link :)
    Hopefully a community will get behind this and can help to create a Series around the Dissenter with a variation in looks and handling characteristics . That example you made with Physics and power alterations are exactly what i was thinking .
    I wonder if it possible to make them look similar other vehicles of that era ?

woochoo likes this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I found some on Steam Workshop . Stockcar resurrection .
    I just asked permission to link it here . Waiting .

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered