Howe to check stationary ride height?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I'm looking for a way to check the stationary ride height of my car when the weight is put on. rfactor 2's garage does provide an adjustable ride height option, but it's not dynamic. I'd like to know how far the car's off the ground when it stands still after I make an adjustment to, say, the cambers tire pressures, springs, etc.

How to go about that?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I think there is no other way than using MOTEC-telemetry.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

At the moment you can't within the game. Only Motec or Atlas software gives you ability to do so. Keep in mind that those values aren't the lowest parts of front and rear (or corner height). It might be located (the place where it is measured from and sent to plugin) behind front wheel arches at the bottom. You will see that you are 4 cm above the ground while for example splitter is much lower and is almost scraping the ground. Same with the rear. It might be a bit further up front so when you try creating perfect rake it might not be the actual rake you are aiming for. I would like to have some documentation for every car or at least a note like Stock cars have in garage on where the measurement points are and how far from the lowest point of a car they are.

It will be really funny to see implemented sparks one day and 95 % of the people sending sparks almost everywhere and people ranting that motec says there's still some gap between tarmac and car body. :D