How well will mysystem work in RF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DanF, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DanF

DanF Registered

I have an Alienware x51-R2 with 16gb of i7-4790 1600mhz cpu,2gb Radeon r9270x gpu.

Will I be able to run RF2 at max settings?

2. Kristian Puhov

Kristian Puhov Registered

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

What is your screen res? What frame rates are you looking to get?

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

You have a free demo to test it if you wish, and I suggest you test it first on your system.

5. DanF

DanF Registered

I usually race at 1280 x 1024 32 bit , I'd like to be at a min of 45-50 FPS

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Isn't an i7-4970 a desktop processor? Isn't it the "brand new" CPU that is pretty much a slightly overclocked 4770? If so then you got a good CPU. The R9 270X is pretty weak if you're the type that wants to max-out every graphics option, run Anti-Aliasing, achieve high framerates, etc.

If you run low/no AA, play around with graphics settings, and are aiming for 60 fps then I think you're good. You'll easily be fine racing on your own. With many other cars the frames can dip, so therefore set the "max visible vehicles" to something low like 8-12, and opponent detail to "medium" or "low". Use the in-game FXAA instead of any other type of in-game or GPU driver control panel AA. FXAA will smooth out lots of, but not all, lines and jaggies. FXAA will cost you texture sharpness, but hardly costs you any frames-per-second to run, plus, when you're using all your concentration, feel, skill, and senses to balance the car for the corner, (AKA playing/driving the game, rather than salivating and daydreaming about how pretty some stupid cloud or reflection looks) you won't even care or notice the graphics :).

Basically, if you can't max out the graphics of the demo, while racing with other cars at the same time, then don't be discouraged :) . There is a lot of flexibility in the graphics settings to tune things to you and your system's needs. My graphics settings went from mostly Max/High/AA to mostly Low/Medium/FXAA once I switched to triple screens (w/ multi-view of course). I had to do this in order to keep, for the most part, over 100 fps, and I'm being 10000% honest when I say that it hardly affected my gaming experience. The pleasure and purity of the driving, the racing, the competition, everything about driving, racing a car, will not change regardless of if your graphics are set to max/high or low/medium. Having said that, i can hardly wait until the next generation of graphics cards come out so that I can start raising my graphics settings.

It's all about the drive man ;)

P.S. The exception is Antialiasing. The jagged/shimmering/"crawling" lines can look terrible and distracting, almost to the point where they can mess you up (psychological distraction? Eye pain? Who knows).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Well lets just say at 60fps he might be able to run max depending on number of other cars on track. His GPU is his weak link in this system though. Like Yolo says, try the demo, it's worth it to try IMO.