How update a track on Steam?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ECAR_Tracks, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Hello,

I'd like to substitute one file in one *.MAS of a track I've uploaded to Steam (in this case, the AIW file where AI cars are unrealistic fast).

I don't want to update again a 357 Mb pack because I have to replace 1000 kb file and the Forum information is so fragmented. ModMgr gives me all sort of unintelligible warnings and error messages.

I'd be glad with some help.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I believe that you have to repack the .rfcmp, the workshop item will then only require the specific .MAS which has been changed to be redownloaded - as an update would work. Atleast that's what happened when we updated physics for 3 cars at VEC.

3. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

So you think that long ID number of each MAS (MFT file) keeping the same you prevent be downloaded again and the Workshop will manage to download only the new ID Mas?

I can't use the "update from" feature in MAS2tool, it keeps saying me the previous version is not installed.

Thanks for reply.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

If you modify only one MAS file, then workshop will know to not download everything again for end users. The MAS2 update feature is pretty much broken and I doubt Steam workshop would accept the "ISI update" format anyway. The ISI update thing is incremental and requires you to have files from the previous track version installed, which only complicates things.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

ISI MAS2 upgrade is not broken as such, but not supported by GetMod and has it's limitatoins, but thats why I wrote "as an update would work", Steam Workshop seems to handle it as stonec describe.

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks Wiper and Stonec, I'll repack as new version and hope for the best.

Thanks for support :)

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Steam does a file compare, so even if you upload a new full version (357mbs for example) if you've only made minor changes - those users that are subscribed in Steam Workshop will only have to download a few kbs or mbs . So I would say go for the new full version :)

8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks for confirming, I was afraid to disturb subscribers with long unnecessary long downloads.

All the best.