How to switch off the VR screen mirror completely?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ernie, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I'm using VR only and i don't need the screen mirror. In rF2 video config i have set VR to "HMD only".
    Now the VR screen isn't mirrored on desktop anymore, but a black window remains.
    The problem is, that this window is fully focused and i can't ALT+TAB to another application while rF2 is running. The black windows is always on top of any app.

How do i get rid of this black window? Can it be rendered minimized? Or is there another solution to make at least ALT+TAB possible?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

I know two options.
    • If you use windowed or borderless mode you can minimize all the windows with ctrl+d anf then you can switch between the windows with alt+tab. But you have to put and remove your HMD to switch between the desktop and the VR.
    • The second one (what i do currently) is to use an application as OVRdrop. With this app you can see your desktop in your HMD and use your mouse and keyboard, that obviously you don't see (i use the little hole between my nose and the HMD)

3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks. I'll try out the first option.
    But i think the 2nd option won't be a solution for me. Looks like i need active motion controllers to use OVRDrop. And then i'm not sure about the performance impact, because i have not much headroom with my hardware. And finally OVRDrop is not a free app.;)

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't have controllers. You don't need them. I use keyboard and mouse.
    The performance impact of OVRDrop is minimum. I know 4 person who use it and none have notice anything.