How to shift in rfactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qi Dawei, May 14, 2022.

1. Qi Dawei

Qi Dawei Registered

I'm new to simrace and have only drived a real car in a Chinese driving school for several hours.
    I'm wondering how to use the gearbox in rf2 properly? I found https://support.iracing.com/support...32-transmission-gearbox-shifting-types-method for iracing.
    How should I clutch/lift/blip for different cars in rf2? Can I shift like a modern f1 driver on every cars and every online races?
    Can I use similar techniques on other sims such as iracing and live for speed?
    I'm currently using a logitech G29 with no H shifter.
    Thanks a lot.

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, with rFactor2 you could, but don't need to use clutch, there is no gearbox sychronization simulation ATM. However some (often historical) cars might require some throttle blib to keep rear end in place while deceleration. With IRacing it's different, depending on car you have to clutch or synchronize revs somehow.

Qi Dawei likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Shifting in rF2 is rather easy, especially with paddles. Assign one for upshifts and the other for downshifts. Then assign the N key on your keyboard to N. ONce you get comfortable with paddle shifting, come back and ask about the double pull neutral. You can shift up most modern cars like the F1 mods without lifting, same for MODERN cars when you down shift. Older cars, as TJones said, may require either slower shifting up or blipping the throttle when you shift down.

Qi Dawei likes this.