How to see the car shadow under the Transparent Trainer?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Alexims, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Alexims

Alexims Registered

Hello everyone, I've been searching in the forum but I haven't found any information on this subject.

How can we do to see the car shadow under the Transparent Trainer's car?

We know the following lines at the end of the [Game Options] section, in the PLR file:

Transparent Trainer Lap="2" // 0=off, 1=use saved lap (never updated), 2=use best lap (starts with saved lap but updates if faster), 3=always use last lap
    Transparent Trainer Lead Time="0.50000" // how far ahead it starts the lap in seconds
    Transparent Trainer Alpha="0.50000" // how transparent it is
    Transparent Trainer Proximity="20.00000" // fades out within this distance

... but I don't find any option to avoid to see floating the Transparent Trainer on track.

In iRacing and Race07, the transparent trainer show their own shadow under the car (on the asphalt) like whatever other car on track, and their shadows are always normal (not transparent) so they are visually connected to the ground and not like spaceships, and this car shadows are a good reference because they don't disturb our visibility while driving.

If in this Build 342 is not possible to see the shadows of the ghost car on the asphalt, it sure isn't be complicated or difficult to activate it and for sure it will be a great improve for the aesthetics of the transparent trainer, from any distance of any car and from any distance of any track camera view.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013