How to open .ANM files in 3ds Max

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mertcan Solak, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Mertcan Solak

Mertcan Solak Registered

How to open .ANM files in 3ds Max ?? I using 3dsmax 2010.Does it any plugins ?

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The ISI plugins will only allow you to export animation files. I don't know if any 3rd party tools will offer read/write support for animations eventually.

3. Mertcan Solak

Mertcan Solak Registered

thank you ;)

4. Hompe

Hompe Registered

It would be great if you supplied us with some 3dmax examples, like an animated figure done in max or maybe even a track so we can have a look at how it should be done :)

5. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

we can probably put a few samples together--give us a few days though, please :)

6. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

nice thanks

7. Mertcan Solak

Mertcan Solak Registered

thank you ;)

8. fitibertoycia

fitibertoycia Registered

Hi and sorry the question. Could you notify me the link where I could download the ISI plugins.

Thanks

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

10. Bink

Bink Registered

Something I posted elsewhere.... 3d flag animation...

-- myClothThing was a script I wrote a few years ago to make 3d flags and banners ...
    -- never made the script user-friendly enough to release...
    -- you will need the standard ISI max2010 exporter (from devCorner)...

-- here is a 3d flag file for 3dsMax 2010 with export tutorial:

3dsMax 2010 version: View attachment 19549

[read the enclosed readMe file.]

More info... ->
    -- In Max: Leave the flag mesh and bones at the origin (where they are in the file I posted).
    -- In the exporter "animation" rollout: select the flag mesh and bones.... set the directory to the "pcrew_maps", "selected nodes" radio button on, "key frame" radio button on, "root node" text box: click the button and select the object named "myClothThing", start frame = 1, end frame = 99.... then press the "do anim" button. [this exports the myClothThing.anm file to the pcrew_maps directory]

-- In Max... make a material for the flag using the checkered.dds image (or whatever image you want).... put the material on the flag.
    -- [make sure that there is nothing for the flag to 'snag on' in the game.. this means no track mesh at the origin 0x, 0y, 0z... or the flag animation will 'catch' on the mesh..] If your track has something there, just comment out (//) the lines for that object in your .scn file while you are trying to get the flag in the sim.
    -- In the GMT Output rollout: select the (yourTrack) / assets / gmt .... directory for your track (directory with your gmt files)..... select ONLY the flag mesh (not the bones) .... then press the "Do Mesh" button.
    -- In the rf2 .scn file for your track: use the scn file lines recommended in the readme file.... put the lines in your scn file.
    --- You should now be able to go into rf2 dev mode and see the flag waving (animating) at wherever 0,0,0 at your track is.

-- Leave the sim, and go back to max. Select the flag and bones, and move them to wherever you want them to be at your track. You can find this x, y z, point by going into the max file for your track, and clicking on a vertex at the top of your flag pole, and reading the x, y, and z from the "Move Transform Type-In" dialog. Go back to the flag file in max, and move it to that point.... OR.... import the flag to your track file, and place it where you want. When it is where you want it, select the flag mesh (only), and go into the exporter, and press "Do Mesh" again.

-- Now, it should be where you want it next time you run the simulator.

View attachment 19548

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016