How to make upgrade changes show in showroom?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Johannes Rojola, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I've made basic upgrade file where you can alter rims, exhausts, steering wheels and so on. It works great in game, but the changes you make never show in showroom. It always uses the parts that are listed first in upgrade file.

I had this problem in rF1 too, I was never able to make the changes show in spinner/showroom even they work correctly in game.

2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

have you tried looking at 60's mod upgrades and gen file? they have the thing called tuning that allows options and each vehicle is kinda different. but I don't know that you can add and take things away.

3. Johannes Rojola

I checked 60s cars but there seems to be no parts upgrades, just possibility to change skins. Maybe I missed it...

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

rF2 has made so many backwards steps it's just not fun! The interface and like this thread has lost a lot of the abilities rF1 had. Car select is a joke and a mockery of the hours of work the model makers and painter put into their work.

Despite the vast improvements we've been promised in the real road, Weather, Drying line, Rubber build up that we haven't really see the full extent of is all fantastic and great but this game has left everything else behind. The more deeper you dig the worse this game gets apart from just the driving experience. Oh that is of cause after you've got around this ModID system!

5. Johannes Rojola

I dont think this is a bug in beta, I am sure I'm just doing something wrong :p I'd like to know how it should be done so that I can see the upgrade change immediately in the showroom.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It is easy to get into love/hate relationship with upgrades, I'm currently starting to lean more towards hate side...

Between GEN and HDV entries, there must be one empty line, also in rF1 when you did for example change in two different HDV section, you had to put HDV= empty placeholder between them, but no empty line.

I don't know how, but some way I ended up to situation now where I can put any value to clutch torque, even straight to hdv or upgrades and it has no any effect, even I did remove all lines related to clutch in HDV still no effect and I'm sure I have managed to change that at some point.