How to key map combined with shift key?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetalMania, May 10, 2017.

1. MetalMania

MetalMania Registered

I know this sounds like it should be easy, but I can't seem to assign functions to keyboard commands using the shift key. For example, I want to assign the "seat forward" command as "shift+up arrow", but in the key assignment screen it only recognizes the shift key as soon as I press it, which is already assigned to something else. Likewise if I press the arrow key first and then shift, it only recognizes the up arrow which already is mapped to another function. It seems like it can't recognize that I'm pressing two keys together to assign to the function mapping.

I tried opening the controller.json files (both the one in the userdata/controller folder for the profile I use, as well as the one in the userdata/player folder), but they don't seem to show the actual keys mapped to various functions. For example, instant replay is the 'R' key, but in the .json files the format looks like :

"Control - Instant Replay":[
    So, it doesn't seem like I can enter the shift+key combinations manually in the file either. Is there some other way to do this, or can we really not create additional key mappings using shift or ctrl in combination with other keys? Or, is there a JSON editor I should be using for a manual edit to the key mappings?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Seat movement (up, down, fore, aft ) when combined with modifiers ( shift, alt, ctrl etc) are used for mirror adjustments.
    Look in your player json.

3. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

That does not reply the question, can I or can't assign CTRL+1 or SHIFT+K or ALT+X to "start engine" for example?
    Because the moment you press CTRL or ALT or SHIFT it assign the command only to this key.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That I know it is not possible what you ask for.

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  5. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

SPASKIS likes this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If you're having trouble binding keys then google Antimicro, it's a free Key Binding program that I use for lots of different games (including RF2). Easy to set up and and helps when games don't Bind keys the way you want, which is especially handy for VR at times!

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.