How to keep tire wear of the classification for the race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferny76, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Ferny76

Ferny76 Registered

Hi.
    As I have to do to keep the wear of the wheels of the classification for the race?

I think we should change some parameter of RFM, but can not get it to work.

I think it is these parameters, but I do not work for me. I is implemented in this build?
    RFM:
    ParcFerme = 1 (enable closed park)
    ParcFermeTires = 8 (enabled accumulated for career wear. The number is between 0 and 300 to specify the number of pilots from the pole to which the rule is applied)
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0 (enable to closed petrol which is not refuel between qualifying and race park. Supports 1.0 = on, disabled = 0.0, 0.5 enabled but allows refueling race)
    FreeSetting = 255 (between 0 and 255 to configure the settings allowed enters qualifying and race setup)

And the PLR:
    MULTI ParcFerme = "3" (use configuration RFM)
    MULTI FreeSetting = "- 1" (settings using RFM)

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

As far as I am concerned this is not possible atm using game parameters.
    I would expect that it might be possible to do it using plugins but I cannot help you on that.

Enviado desde mi SM-T530 mediante Tapatalk

3. Ferny76

Ferny76 Registered

Thank you... ;)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure what you mean (language).

If you want the tyre wear from qualifying to be passed through to the race (your parc ferme lines suggest this), as far as I know rF2 isn't doing this yet. rF1 did.

rF2 has only just (build 1028) enabled some tyre wear to be saved in replays (so the resume from replay feature will include 'general' tyre wear), hopefully this means some form of tyre wear will soon pass through from qualifying to race.

5. Ferny76

Ferny76 Registered

Yes, that's what I mean.
    ISI hopefully soon implement this option, would do far more entertaining Championships.
    Sorry for my bad English.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Well, this would be really nice, more tactical option through a race weekend. And/or fixed (setable in dedicated server too) numbers of tire sets for a race weekend...

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What, that old chestnut? ;)

Yeah, that'd be great too. But for now at least doing what rF1 did would be nice! (though I do understand there's a lot more data in the tyres now, so it's less straightforward... but as with so many other things in rF2, even something simplified would be better than nothing...)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It would be nice! I remember back in GP2 days, when I just started playing I'd keep going through new sets, so in quali I never had a brand new set and would lose a couple of tenths. That in rF2 would be sweet!

Perhaps a bit better to switch topic title to "How To Keep Tire Wear Through Sessions?" Hopefully it can reach the dev team.

9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Hello. I was trying to set this option in rf2. I had done it before in rF1, so I supposed that it would be possible in rF2.
    The line in rFm file means that it should be possible, but it doesn't work. Can this be fixed in the next build? I hope studio-397 listen to us again, as this issue was reported in this thread and others more than 2 year ago. Also, it's a shame that this was possible in rf1 but not in rf1.

Please studio397, fix it or tell us if it can't be fixed :)