how to include base mod and an update in the rfmod?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by doberk, Apr 23, 2017.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello,

I´ve got one mod (named F1LD2017 ver. 1.0) installed in a server with autodownloads activated. It works fine and drivers get the mod when connecting to the server. The problem occurs when I install an update for the mod (update 1.1).

When I created the update I named it like the principal mod (F1LD2017), and I put 1.1 in the "version" field and 1.0 in "update from" field. It works good, you can put the package in the packages directory and update the mod only installing this package. But I would like to include it in the rfmod file in order to autodowload it when connecting the server.

When I create the rfmod I have to choose between F1LD 1.0 and F1LD 1.1. If I take both, utility says an error: "Duplicate manifest file name". If I take F1LD 1.0 drivers can autodownload base mod but they have to install the update throught mod manager. And If I take F1LD 1.1 it works great for drivers who have F1LD 1.0 installed. The update is autodownloaded without problems. But drivers who don´t have F1LD 1.0 installed get an error: "Base mod missing". They have to install F1LD 1.0 base mod manually from mod manager.

Is there anyway to configure the rfmod in order to autodownload both packages, F1LD 1.0 and F1LD 1.1? I know that the long way is to repack the entire mod including the update 1.1, and it will work. But I think my first idea should work, right?

Thanks in advance

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'm not 100% up on this side off things so I could be wrong.

How I read it.
    People with V1.0 can download and install Update V1.1 Works fine.
    People that don't have V1.0 install are getting a error.

Not sure how it should be set up but as I see it you need to have for new patrons V1.1 as a sole install. One download and install. Other option is they download and install V1.0, then download and install 1.1 update.
    Or make V1.1 as a total replacement mod for all to download.

The issue with having a full V1.1 it will have a new/different mft file. Online compatibility code from those that have V1.0 installed and/or the V1.1 Update.

I'm assuming the update is only the files that have been altered/edited. Not a full install.

Another way the people getting the error can fix it is to after download is to open their packaging window in the launcher, manually install V1.0 and then V1.1. This should work just as it has for those who already have V1.0 installed.
    What it really needs is to auto install them in sequence. Not both together as the some mod. I'm guessing it's trying to do the latter. Can you set up the auto install to download and install V1.0 first then the update separately?