How to have custom windows loaded (online)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Akela_DE, Nov 5, 2019.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This being the case the windows that would show are the default or windows associated with the veh file named in the rcd file. This wouldn't cause the windows to be solid (none transparent) as what's being reported from the OP. The windows are showing as the custom added ones so this side is working.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

One thing with the naming. Not sure whether it'd wrong or right but in the Veh for this car it is written =window for outside windows only. There is no entry for the inside window. But what I see is outside, Window (Correct) but the other is Windowsin. The issue maybe as simple as windowin excluding the (s) from the naming.
    Just a thought.

3. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Yes, the default window is loaded online. And i think we have already tried deleting the old skins but *rcd may be questionable, i will check that again.

Btw, there is no problem with the naming or alpha. Both work and show up in SP. I have not said sth like that. The naming comes from the templates and i extracted the car_upgrade.mas to compare. Inside the car i see my number and name, so that should be ok .

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yep ok. Just unusual to add the s to the window ID so I thought it could be the issue but wasn't 100% sure of it.
    Good to know.
    But in saying that I have found official mod content in the Mas that don't show in game because off naming errors more than once. But as you say it's working in SP so it must be the Mas transfer to server then to players.
    Or is it that your seeing the same thing on your PC even though you have the original files installed?

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

sorry ? i dont understand your last question (Formuliers eben in deutsch ;) )

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

When your online can you drive from inside the car (cockpit) or are the windows blocking you? Are others able to see if your car is showing correctly or is it just from your view. (your PC) Are there other custom cars on the server and are they showing the same issue.

Try the car without the inside window DDS installed. If it looks fine then you'll know which window texture is at fault if that's the problem at all.

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

hm, have you read the first post of the thread ? There is no problem with textures blocking the view, the custom windows texture is/are not transferred to the server no matter if i put them manual inside the mas or loose files.
    I see the changed windows from inside and outside, all is just fine and transparent for me, but others see the empty, default Porsche text, thats it.
    And for others its the same, server mas transfer for windows has never worked. Helmet does, at least i have a custom made helmet in my filesystem. The whole system is buggy, replays and userskins are the next construction site "Rfactor 2 constructizione " :D