How to have custom windows loaded (online)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Akela_DE, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

May i get some help with this please ?
    First Question:
    I paint my own windows, its loaded ingame, i can see it inside and outside as you can see.

But its not transferred when i go online

And i am not the only one. Is this working for someone ? What do we have to do ? Are my namings correct ? Do i have to delete the loose files ? WTF is going on ?

My filenames (something wrong ? )
    files_screen.jpg
    window.dds and windowsin.dd loaded in SP. But this do not transfer when online.

upload_2019-11-5_8-38-57.png

Next question: mas packing - is that broken somehow ? This is my .mas from yesterday, after playing around with the namings. All windows files are loaded and packed into the mas. Thats a coincidence!
    upload_2019-11-5_8-40-41.png

Today, i press reload, and the files are gone from the mas. I have not changed anything, just pressed reload.

upload_2019-11-5_8-41-28.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

When you press reload it only puts the basic 3 files in the .mas You have to add the other files (windows etc.) then don't reload. It should send the .mas file on line then. Well it does for me anyway.

Akela_DE likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

only one dds is loaded on the servers, the one on the body, so that this would all have to be done a package
    the server has to put the update, then everyone will see all the skins,if I remember correctly

4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Thx for answering, jimmy
    it puts the 3 +windows files in the .mas - but not every time, thats a bug in my eyes.
    Just tested it again:
    rename the windows files to something wrong, remove the mas, reload, mas is empty as expected.
    Then remove mas file, rename windows files to the correct name, reload and the windows files are in the mas
    next reload - empty. So what is that plz @s397 ?
    And even if i put the windows files into it, they dont show up online. thats why i ask

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

wtf ? where comes that from ? must be a rfcmp or what ? and how do i do that ? i hate this stuff :D

skins are transfered, thats fine. only the windows are not

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the server has to make a package with everything

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Source ? Tutorial ? What is everything ? something to read about that ? How would i do that on my own, local dedicated ?

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The truth is that since I do not take care of updates, I do not know, but there is a tutorial, but I do not remember where to keep the link, to see if someone can help you with that

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

11. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You might have to change the name if the server has the mas without the window files.
    I don't know if the file size difference, with/without windows, is detected on the server or if it only goes by name.

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

14. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

@ADSTA So, you say your handmade windows are shown on servers ? No problem ?

15. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

juanchioooo and Akela_DE like this.
  17. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

yes, thx, thats not the problem, the windows.dds is ready, showing the logos and loading in SP. The problem is with the MP

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When you do an update of skins, you have to make a complete package, for example a gt3 cup, if you make an update for everyone to see their custom cars, you have to build an updated championship package on the server, which also all riders who participate must also be downloaded:);)
    if the boss is going to kill you, but it is necessary to do it if they want all the files:D

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

On our server I’ve noticed that if a client joins with a mas file that does not have the windows dds in it, and then later adds the windows dds to his mas file and rejoins, the server basically says...hmmm I’ve got that mas file so no need to re-upload.

If the client makes changes after joining a server, then they have two choices, either ask admin to delete the mas and associated rcd file from the server or change the mas file name (also requires file names in the mas file to be changed).

Akela_DE and juanchioooo like this.
  20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The problem with the windows, driver suits, helmets being deleted out the Mas. when a car is "reloaded" in the showroom started when the new materials was added. The older mods that don't use them are fine when manually placed in the Mas. for online sharing/use. I have spoken to Marcel Offermans via PM a few months ago when this first showed up. So I have to assume their still working on it.

As a result I've stopped uploading one of skins and only do multi car or skins as a rfcmp install. I have downloaded 1 or 2 skins from others and have had issues with them not working correctly. So sort off enforces the reason not to share as single skins.

As for the windows loosing transparency suggests the Alpha is either incorrect or it's being deleted from the texture file. Very odd if that the case, never seen nor heard of that happening before.
    Remembering most cars use only 1 texture for windows inside and out, the fact that this is using two maybe playing a part in this. Wrong Alpha settings on either or both. From memory the inside window should have a black Alpha were the clear glass is. White for the boarder and anything you want to be solid. It you have the Black even a little bit off 100% black and the texture is using CHROMA as it's alpha transparency it will show as solid. Be sure the inside window is RGB 0,0,0,

All because it looks fine in the showroom may just mean the inside window is not loaded via the spinner Gen. The Gen (Generate ini file) is different for showroom to the one used for on track and the inside window texture could be excluded from the spinner Gen as it's not required for this purpose.

Other than that it's a bit off a mystery.

Akela_DE likes this.