How to get ballast information

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by zmitya, Oct 3, 2018.

1. zmitya

zmitya Registered

Hi Gents,

Is there a way to get the current penalty weight (ballast) of the car somehow ? I can't find it in the InternalsPlugin.hpp.

Thanks,
    Mitya

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't tried to find it specifically, but like you I can't see any indication of it in the interface.

Check the results stream (mostly equivalent to the log files) and see if it comes up in there. Not everything that appears on the message center does though.

3. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

If it was applied by the admin it would simply be recorded in the chat history, if it works the same as it did in rF1 but it always added the weight over the rear axle. so it just gave that driver extra rear grip which I found was counter productive.

So when I create a mod for a series that has weight penalties I also create the extra cars with extra weight in the hdv that way the weight is over the entire car not just the real axle. It is fairly easy to do as long as the hdv is not encrypted so you can copy it and add the extra weight onto the car.

4. Vance Le Garde

And if it was applied by the admin to a driver that weight addition would disappear when that driver leaves so you would have to re add it every time that driver entered the server ;)

5. zmitya

zmitya Registered

we use the WelcomeMessage plugin to set the ballast...
    well, the above could work, but I would be really happy with a bit more "bullet proof" solution :)

thanks,
    Mitya

6. Vance Le Garde

It would be nice to hear back from a mod dev to know if it is still added over the rear axle as in rF1 in rF2, but it sounds like a good way to use the welcome message to add the ballast, how do you set it to just be added to a specific driver ?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@vancstar The WelcomeMessage plugin has been set up to do just that, I think there are instructions in its thread or in the download.

You should be able to check where ballast goes via telemetry shouldn't you? Put basically no fuel in so you have the HDV weight balance (pretty much), then add weight with the setmass command and see if the balance changes rearward.

8. Vance Le Garde

Will try that when I have time, cheers.