How to edit bilboards in existing track payware exemple sebring ?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by hjuliovic3, Oct 24, 2022.

1. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

i everyone i hope you are great , i need answer is possible edit existing track exemple sebring ? i want add new 2022 bilboards and ads for the track for the complete imersion but i dont see a good tutorial for making this please help me if you can

Enjoy the Road !

2. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Hello.
    If the content is paid forget it, the files are encrypted.
    If the content is free just unzip the corresponding *.mas file, locate the textures and replace them with the desired ones.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thank goodness for that. Why would we need Sebring 2018, 19, 20, 21,22 when they are all the same layout, same surface, just the billboards are different? Create the WEC pits, Add the Historic longer circuit by extending the run to Turn 7 down by the hotel. Those are changes that make a difference. I can't recall ever looking at a billboard and going,..."oh look! 2019!!!"

Adding a bit as I DO sound harsh. That was not directed solely at the OP, it could any number of 3rd party edited tracks, There used to be dozens of versions of certain layouts simply due to one user not liking the color of the grass or the signs or whatever. I don't want to discourage folks learning to do more, since I CLEARLY haven't for years. My animus may go as far back to my days simming with the Papyrus/Sierra titles when all the modders could do was alter the signage. My appologies for targeting.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    McFlex likes this.
  4. Brutten

Brutten Registered

There is nothing wrong because people want to learn how to make things for it.
    Another thing is to publish hundreds of versions of the same circuit.
    As long as it's in private I'm fine with that.

5. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

I understand davehenrie what you said im respect that no problem , just i want to learn how edit bilboards because i think alls modders in the world is the artist and all artist i like do something personal exemple when you painting i like replace bilboard for close to reality for hone pleasure i like it drive in the same atsmophere of the guy i sound weird for people ok no problem with that but i like when is close to reality but if is not possible no problem i enjoy driving in rfactor2 and thank you brutten for you answer and i want edit bilboard for payware circuit because exemple laguna seca but is not possible no problem thanks guys have fun drive and stay safe

davehenrie likes this.
  6. Brutten

Brutten Registered

I think davehenrie misunderstood your intention, it's nothing, it's just a misunderstanding.
    I myself do not understand well what is being said because I have no knowledge of English.
    Keep researching and asking questions, you are not hurting anyone, this is the only way to move forward.

davehenrie and Corti like this.
  7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

For any of the following tracks you can just put a texture in called Advertisements_Alb.dds. You can find a sample version at the non dlc tracks beneath.

I believe this is setup on:
    All FE Tracks
    Spa (although there are not really any ads)
    Azur
    Monza
    Portland
    Silverstone
    Zandvoort
    Brands Hatch
    Donington
    Laguna
    Gateway
    Indianapolis
    Limerock (Maybe)

It is not setup at
    Le Mans
    Nords
    Sebring

Gilles Benoit, GeraArg, Corti and 5 others like this.
  8. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

thank you for you speed response , so is not possible to edit payware track but free track dowloaded yes ?

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

it is possible to create your own layout on payware tracks, by duplicating the upgrade. others can explain better

Corti likes this.
  10. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

i try to replace textures in free circuit and save the mas file and the locations and when i go to rfactor2 the circuit is not installed and when i reinstalled the track is the same of version of track , the textures i have modify dont work may be i use the wrong way i have agood tutorial video or thread is this forum ? thanks

11. Brutten

Brutten Registered

There are a few things to keep in mind:

All tracks carry, in addition to the MAS files, an MFT file.
    In this file information about the installation is stored.

If you open with a text editor an mft file you will see that it refers to the MAS files and adds a signature for each of them (this MFT file ensures the integrity of the installation and that it has not been modified when running in multiplayer).

If you change the content of a MAS file its signature changes and rFactor stops recognizing it.

That said:

Make a copy of the track folder, uninstall it and edit what you want in another folder (there is another option which is to put it in the devmode folder and work with rFactor Devmode, but that maybe for another day).

When you have finished changing the textures you pack them into the MAS file.

Having all the MAS you must create a CMP package from gMotor2 Mas file utility.
    This package will already contain the new MFT and you can install it in rFactor 2.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

i understand now i try this and go back thanks

13. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

is possible to make a short video in youtube for exemple ?

14. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

BECAUSE is think is miss something

15. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Mas utility
    upload_2022-10-25_20-4-59.png
    Create Single CMP
    upload_2022-10-25_20-5-32.png
    In dropbox select new
    upload_2022-10-25_20-6-58.png
    Fill in the fields
    upload_2022-10-25_20-9-44.png

Attached Files:

16. Brutten

Brutten Registered

The first one is the name you want.
    The second is the name of the installable package (you must put it in the packages folder).
    Component type: Location
    Include the MAS files
    Click on Package and you have it.
    You can try to install it from here or from inside rFactor.

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. hjuliovic3

hjuliovic3 Registered

yes now i clear and is work well done brutten thanks bro

juanchioooo and Emery like this.
  18. Brutten

Brutten Registered

I'm glad you understood.

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. vava74

vava74 Registered

I see relevance on the new DLC tracks where all billboards are MSG/Traxxion/Studio397/rFactor2.
    If we could have in the steam workshop a properly executed upgrade - ie not interfering with the DLC validation on servers - changing the billboards to their actual counterparts, that would be awesome.
    For me it's a bit of a ball-breaker to drive, for instance, at Laguna and not see billboards with "Mothers" or "Firestone", etc...

As a secondary example, before the mod disappears from the workshop, I will store the Monza version for Virtual LM as it has different billboards... Not the real ones, but at least there is some variety.

20. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Alex said.