How to delete Shadow and WFG Skins from AI Selection?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by stormrider84, Apr 6, 2019.

1. stormrider84

stormrider84 Registered

Hi,

since the last update it seems that the Shadow and WFG Liveries for the McLaren 650S and the 720S are packed to the normal Skins in AI Selection. I can remember they where extra in earlier versions.

If i chose the GT3 Class or the cars itself, then all the WFG and Shadow Liveries are loaded too. So i got a field of 20 cars, where 15 are McLarens wich look identical beside the color. And most of the other cars don't even apear.

I tried to make a own Series, but in the MAS Creator some of the WFG/Shadow Skins got the identical number like a normal skin. So its a lottery to deselect the right ones.

Is there any other way to delete these Liveries from AI Selection or the whole game?
    Or pack them into a seperate group, without making a new virtual ride for all other Skins, and then pack them into a new group. That would take hours.

tpw, mykodacon and Hazi like this.
  2. mykodacon

mykodacon Registered

All of mine are multicolored cars using the Region skin in the MAS file. So the bumper is red, the spoiler is green, the mirrors are blue, etc...

3. JRS

JRS Registered

* BUMP * I want to know this as well. I don't want to have to create something. I would like to select the 650 and 720 as AI opponents and simply NOT have the WFG and Shadow appear. Period.

Thanks.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Simple answer is No! You can't just delete them. Steam will re-install them when you re-start rF2 the next time. We're all stuck with them until someone at S397 wakes up, nobody want this crap.

I made a argument about them being added to the main Steam install right at the first release of these cars. We all got lumbered with them when in reality only a very small amount of people would have been interested in the Shadow Series they run.
    I suggested the skins pack be a available as extra download for those who wanted to join the series.

I also asked at the time "when are these liveries going to get remove from our installs?" Clearly, what are we? in the second year from when this Series was run! I'd have to ask why are we still stuck with crap that 80% or more off us never really wanted in the first place.

Don't hold your breath on them being removed anytime soon!

davehenrie likes this.
  5. boxer

boxer Registered

A Way to get around this is start with 0 (Zero) AI and then when you in the garage screen add only the AI you want.

The other option would be to create your own custom race event . Check out this tutorial

Not perfect... S397 would have to re-release them under separate classes I think. The hope is that the new GUI on the way will correct that.

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

When these cars that have the Shadow & WFG liveries were first released the event liveries were in a separate Mas files and they didn't show up in a race unless you chose that class.
    It was a screw up just to have them as a default install and not just a add on for those interested in the event they were originally made for. They just compounded a bigger screw up recently by adding them to a single Mas and changing the Class on the veh when they should have just delete them altogether.
    Needing to do a work around of any type just to get back to racing liveries before you go racing is total BS and should have never got to this at all. Someone at S397 really needs to think more about this type of thing far more. It an't rocket science! Just common scenes.

tpw likes this.
  7. JRS

JRS Registered

Separated at least. Ruins the immersion when these promotional skins show up in my offline sessions.

Embedded is probably a stipulation of some McLaren agreement.

8. tpw

tpw Registered

I agree that this is so incredibly bloody irritating. GT3 is meant to be one of the shining jewels of the S397 content roster and yet users have to jump through hoops if they don't want the field filled with cartoonish WFG liveries. I can accept some of the quality of life issues with rF2 related to engine or manpower issues, this isn't one of those.

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just to try it out, i have build a small update file for the 650S, that separates the WFG to an own class.
    If you like, you can try it out if it works for you too.
    Put the rfcmp file into the packages folder or another folder that you use for manually downloaded components and install it.
    It is listed as Mc_Laren_650S_GT3_2017 version 2.44WFGsepClass
    In the games opponent list, the new class for the WFG cars has the addition WFG.

Disadvantage: online incompatibilty with the original component

Attached Files: