How to create left/right path with new AIW editor?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Jka, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I'm trying to get familiar with this new AIW editor...

Main- and pitpath creating (as well pit-, garage and grid locations) is similar than old AIW editor, but I'm struggling to find way to create left/right path.

I cannot find any way to make those. If I try to mark path as generic and rename it as left or right in "Path manipulation" menu, sim crashes and mess up current AIW file.

Is this a bug or is my method incorrect?

Cheers!

2. ethone

ethone Registered

It's in the path submenu somewhere, where you can also record the fast path.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yes, there is dropdown menu where you can assign path as left, right or main.

Problem is that when you record new path, editor do not give any possibility to save recorded path other than main, pit1 or pit2.

If I record a left path and save it as main, it overwrites previous main path even if I name it left from "Path manipulation" menu. This leads to loop, which never ends (record main, record new main and name it left, record new main name it right and so on...)

Am I missing something?

4. ethone

ethone Registered

Yes, you're missing the paths submenu. ;)
    View attachment 837

It keeps saying "record fastest" but if you have set it to record Left or Right instead, that's what it should record despite the menu item name.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Oh, that explains it! :D

Thanks, ethone. :cool:

This "naming problem" is something what ISI could add on their infinite must-to-do-list... ;)

Cheers!