How to create a server?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by mancslo, May 21, 2017.

1. mancslo

mancslo Registered

• 1: Open MAS utility and click create the package file button. Add Oulton park track and USF2000 cars for example. Then click package button and after that install button to have a green square.
    1. [​IMG]
      Now i can see USF200 file in my folder:
      [​IMG]
      2: Now i go to the HOST. Select USF2000 game database, go throught the menu and load the track.
      I can se my srver in the server list and i can connect.
      Two questions?:
      a. Are this steps from my side enough for others who are allredy subscribed to connect in to my server?
      b. How can others, who are not subscribed connect in to my server?

Today I run server with slo-racing name and with Olton and USF2000. Can you try to join for the test?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You'll need to make sure the RaceEvent (rfmod) you just made above is in the default packages folder. Default package folder is located in .....rFactor2\Packages
    Make sure the actual .rfcmps (example: NolaMP_2016-v110.rfcmp) are also in the default packages folder, that way anyone that tries to join that is not subscribed to the workshop items can download the content direct from your server.

3. mancslo

mancslo Registered

Thx Christoper.
    a. i think it is:
    [​IMG]
    b. where can i found a rfcmp file or how can I create it?

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Two places you can find the content:

Most official content (with the exception of USF2000, GT500, Nola) will be located in your cache folder. ....\rFactor2\cache
    1. Copy (don't remove) anything you need from there into ....\rFactor2\Packages
    2. Remove .cache from the name
    Next any other workshop content - third party and USF2000, GT500, Nola - will be located in SteamApps\Common\Workshop\content
    1. Navigate to the content folder ....SteamApps\Common\Workshop\content
    2. Do search for any content you need
    3. Copy (don't remove) the .rfcmp(s) you need to your default packages folder ....\rFactor2\Packages

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Gasper Zupan and mancslo like this.