How To create a multi-map texture?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by vicent-sollana, Oct 26, 2012.

1. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Hi guys,

My question is,how is possible create a nice multi for road?,I try to create off the isi base texture but my problem is when superinpose my textures they appear darker than they should be

View attachment 4439

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

A Multi will always darken the diffuse map, hence the word 'multi', i.e. multiplicative blend.
    What you need is a balance between the diffuse map and the multi map with the blend in mind.

And you should tighten the mapping for it :) .

3. vicent-sollana

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

On track surface, tileable texture is better than full size copy of diffuse map. It's also easier to map it on track surface, because you do not need to worry map it exactly over diffuse map. You will also run out vid mem easily, if you use full size textures on every stage of material. :)

Multiply map purpose (in this case..) is add details on track surface. Little rocks inside asphalt pitch is mainly created with multiply map.

Cheers!

5. vicent-sollana

Thanks for the tip,I try it.

6. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

in your Photoshop file of road add on top a layer and paste a Detail Road texture ( a tile detail) can test any "multi" texture.
    then set the layer Blend to "Multiply". press CTRL+L (Levels) and change the values to get light texture . When changes values you see the final result.