How to bind multiple keys

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TMoney, Sep 14, 2013.

1. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Hey guys. What I'm trying to do is get my G25 to work on sequential shifting with BOTH paddle shift and the sequential shifter at the same time. There are many games out there that can recognize when I switch the G25 from H-Pattern to sequential but it doesn't work in rF2.

I looked in the player/controller file and I see for example: Control - Shift Up="(1, 41)" with 1, 41 being pull back on my shifter. I also want to add (1, 36) - right paddle to this line. Please tell me there is a way! On default G25 setting paddle and H-Pattern work, but I prefer paddle and sequential. Thank you.

2. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Easiest way off the top of my head is to use Logitech Profiler to set both shifter and paddle to emulate the same letter on the keyboard (pick something that's not already assigned in rF2). Then pick that key in the rF2 controller config.

3. TMoney

TMoney Registered

That's a good thought which I haven't thought of, however in Logitech profiler you cannot configure any of the buttons on the H shifter at all.

I'm hoping there's a way to edit the controller config file by adding another string next to the command.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Try reassigning the paddles..

Click paddle in profiler, 'select command' , 'new command' , 'record' and move the shifter. Assign shifter as change up/down in Rfactor.

5. TMoney

TMoney Registered

You sir are the man. I had a little trouble at first and found it would only work when I selected "Apply persistent profile" even when I created one for rF2, but this conflicted with other racing games where I wanted H-Shifter.

Come to find you need to chose rfactor2.exe (not the launcher exe) to create the profile correctly. I got it working perfectly now, thanks a lot! I didn't even know things like this were possible in the profiler. :)