How to apply good Fuel consumption values in AIW files

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Leonardo1962, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi,

does anybody have links to information, how to set correct fuel consumption values, applied in AIW files.
    Or some hints how to adjust good values would help a Lot.

I create tracks from scratch or as conversion. For AIW editing and creation i use my self made Trackeditor.
    But i didnt yet figured out a correct way to set good fuel consumtion adjustments.
    Copy values out of an other track isnt good enough.

Thanks a lot for your helpful hints.

Leonardo. :):confused:

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

IS there even a need to adjust this? I mean unless you are running on a track on top of mount everest?

3. Radar

Radar Registered

I had read somewhere that various locations could well effect fuel consumption.. To answer OP, I can't help you here.

4. Kev

Kev Registered

There is a way but not very easy.
    First of all, set first estimation of fuel consumption from other track with close length.
    Second, take car that you drive confidently, set in practice settings fuel comsumtion to normal, tire wear and mech failures to off, fill up fuel tank to max and write down game estimation of laps to peace of paper (or notepad :)).
    Then go to track and drive pushing at least 95% of the limit until you run out of fuel.
    After that in monitor count laps you drove.
    And only simple math remained. X / your laps = current value / game laps est. So X = current value * your laps / game laps est. Change value in AIW to calculated X, go to track again, fill fuel tank and check game estimation - it should match number of laps you drove.

5. Bink

Bink Registered

Thanks, Kev... been keeping an eye out for that ... (since... at least.. 3 or 4 pads of quad-rule paper ago...) much appreciated.

6. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi Kev,

thanks for your good Explanation. I will do that and will use it for my next tracks.

thanks a lot.

Leonardo