how longs beta going to take

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Peter-BO

Peter-BO Registered

It is better, ISI says what the state is and everyone is reassured. Many issues are not addressed then. Translated by google :)

and other simulations are very strong. C.A.R.S - GTR 3 - Assetto Corsa and more. It is already trying rfactor 2 as soon as it is to be published. Translated by Google :)

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

First, as established, the beta period was specified to be approximately six months for, well, months before its release.
    You were wrong and that was frankly a very silly thing to do.
    First, there is SLI support, it's just not great. Second, BETA.
    'Most studios' rush to reach a publisher's deadline and have 50+ employees and don't write all their own engines. ISI are an independent developer with a very complex product.
    To quote your exasperated teachers, show your working.
    No, you don't,
    Uh... six months?
    Byeeee!
    What attitude? What arrogance? They've posted directly in help threads, responded certainly to all my PMs promptly and made it clear that this was a six month pre-release modding beta to everyone but you apparently. Did you want a golden envelope?
    The graphics aren't great but you're overstating it. Perhaps you're confusing the pause/replay graphics for the in-game as many do.
    Again, byeee! We won't write!
    I feel like we've been here before... twice.
    And I will be telling the king of France that you are a rude, unsavory character!
    Oh god, four times...
    There haven't? I've seen hundreds... literally hundreds.
    Yes.
    Not as if it was mandatory, ya know, undocumented or not publicised as a six month pre-release modding technology beta.
    Done everything I saw promised but we've already established you read none of the pre-release material.
    Byeeee!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  3. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Oh and just to add, from what I've seen, ISI's attitude directly corelates to the corespondee's attitude. In simple words, If you act like a d**k to them, they will act like a d**k to you. And quite frankly, good on them, I'm sure they have better things to do than pamper to some prima donna gamers.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

To be honest, I don't believe that 6 months will be enough. Not for made all needed/expected changes/improvements.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

We'll see, though a lot can happen in six months.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

for example an 'asteroid' ;)

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Eh, software is never finished, and at least this time they have an incentive to keep working on it. =)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I agree with that, seems to me like theres too much to fix, improve, change etc before its gonna be ready for a Gold release. But having said that of course only Gjon will know when that time will be, not forgetting this game will be supported with future updates/content long after initial Gold Release so if he feels like its Ready for Gold at anypoint then so be it!

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Jesus man... are you SURE that you were talking about ISI? It's sounds more like a Maphia or some Pablo Escobar's drug dealer organization.

10. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I dunno about that. I get a sneaking suspicion (sp?) that ISI have released a bare bone BETA to force us to test specific areas (I am guessing something to do with the MOD packaging and MODID system). Due to this I also believe they might be prioritising some feedback areas more than others....at this stage.

Reports from previous BETA builds confirms a few doubts I have :)

6 monhts or more....to be honest, it doesnt really matter, the core of this game is pretty staggering, they clean up a few of the areas around the edges...I think it will be pretty cool.....but the first round of updates will either confirm or deny my thoughts *shrgus*...we just wait and see :)

11. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

sms presents weekly builds so isi please dont let us wait too long. sms make bull**** with cars but the weekly builds are cool.

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

LOL...so they release weekly updates and you dont like the cars.....could that be because they are releasing weekly updates.

Patience :) Let them do what they are trying to do....I made plans for an event this weekend HOPING the update would be out by than...well that and other time constraints...but I am not too worried if it gets here....

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

That is why i said in a earlier post"Takes as long as it takes".After all Rome wasn't built in a day.:D

14. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

What !!!!! ISI are building Rome as well.......Theres the problem right there

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hope its not to much longer tbh ...everything has come to a stand still atm until we get the unbugged packager :eek:

16. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Yeh I havnt fired it up since finding issues and what not with it....but, more than happy to wait patiently for it to come out...in the meantime...rF1 :)

17. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

yep same here.

The ****ty performance on my triplescreen setup and the non existant AA were the brake points for me.
    I have not a high hope for the AA, honestly.

It´s the same as in rf1, where I have to use SSAA. But I get 100 frames on my triplescreen set. So wayne.
    But here I can get 40-70. Not a smooth experience.

If this isn´t fixed soon, this will be a dealbraker for me.

And there´s nothing from ISI on any of the topics...

18. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

Patience Grasshopper.

How long is a piece of string

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  19. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Twice as long as half a piece of string.

20. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

And as long again!