How long to get license updates?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by navaho, Aug 8, 2019.

1. navaho

navaho Registered

Hi,

I bought rfactor and rfactor2 some time ago. A number of years actually. I wanted to install them and give them a try again and saw that they are now on steam. No problem, I don't mind steam. Upon looking into it I found out that I needed to fill out some form on the website and get the licenses updated. Given that the two licenses that I had purchased from ISI have no expiration date on them I thought, why not? So, I filled out the form for both rfactor and rfactor2. Have not heard a response in several days. No "yes here are you numbers", no "no", no "get lost, stupid." Not a thing. No emails. So, how long does it take to get a response? Some response. Any response?

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Your best option for rFactor 2 is to contact us directly at support@studio-397.com and provide us with your purchase details. For rFactor 1 you should still contact ISI as we don't own that.

3. navaho

navaho Registered

Ok, thanks. Are you folks the owners of http://rfactor.net/#support

That page has the link to the form that I filled out. Now I am a bit concerned that I put my license info in there and am now not sure who got it.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

That is rFactor1 support actually, so I would not worry.
    We did get your email though to support@studio-397.com, and will look into it and get back to you :)

5. navaho

navaho Registered

Thank you. I'm kind of keen to see where Rfactor has come to since I last looked at it. :)

6. navaho

navaho Registered

Well, it's been a week since you acknowledged that you were in receipt of my email, Christopher, and I have received no other response or acknowledgment. So I'm back to ask again. How long does it take to get a response?

7. navaho

navaho Registered

Another full week. Still have not received an acknowledgement to my email. Guess the answer is pretty clear. @Christopher Elliott if you have received the email request why is it so difficult to reply to it?

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I believe the window to migrate to Steam is over. You will have to buy a Steam copy of the game.

9. navaho

navaho Registered

I don't see an expiration date on this license receipt that I have. Are you a representative of the company?

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Filip and lagg like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ari Antero While I don't want to go digging this topic up again (it was very well covered at the time), and I understand why you've said the above as it was made very clear, there has been some reports of successfully migrating to steam since then, through direct contact with support. Make of that what you will (people who bought again, etc). In itself it's probably not worth rediscussing, but while you are justified in saying what you said it may not actually be true - if that makes sense :D

@navaho On that note, your best contact is the email you already used. There was a time limit on steam transfers at the time and a number of people missed out, so while it may not seem much consolation what you've had so far is already more than other people got. So hang in there, if they haven't said no it should just be a matter of time :)