How have you setup your screens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Squeeekmo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Just wondering what you guys do?
    Currently I have a two screens (one for my desk and another replicating the image on my sim rig)
    If you have triples, how have you set them up?
    Do you run triples on your rig and a single at your desk?
    Or do you have a dedicated sim PC?

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Dedicated sim PC here, triples but recently added a 4th screen for telemetry (running on my onboard GPU) which gave me the idea of perhaps squeezing a desk into my room. In a perfect world I would like 2 dedicated PCs but budget constraints prevent that

3. coops

coops Banned

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just have 3 screens on my desk

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

(3) 23"s with a 42" above running off (2) GTX 770's with a TripleHead2Go. TH2G allows single monitor FPS on 3 monitors...

I use my triples for my main PC, I have a few other rendering boxes/home network server nodes. Don't get on them much.

6. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

I'm using a Oculus DK2, would love to have it working on RF2.
    I tried the Tridef setup guide to get RF2 working but my experience is not smooth, so i prefer to wait instead having a frustrating experience.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Frustrating was people doing their nuts over it revving everyone up in rF2 about it.

If it gets support how well will get developed for titles that do not "contribute" or have a healthy number of users

Nvidia can't do it "properly" for 3 screens, there are 100's of titles have "poor" optimization .

.........and this 2 1/2 years ago

How true and glad I never got sucked in, I drive rF2 not pCars.

I want to race real not with my head shoved in a bubble.

I see them as much as a aid as 3 screens with improved peripheral vision.

3D Glasses are still over priced.

http://www.optometry.org.au/media/5..._kids__3d_glasses_use_final_media_release.pdf

Without any unbiased study ever carried out anywhere in the world who knows. ;)

8. Joeymaurone

Joeymaurone Registered

I don't know if i fully understand you (english is not my native language) , but i'm not complaining at all for not being able to get my oculus working, in fact some other users says that they have a great experience, so must be my inhability or lack of hardware.
    I'm no project cars lover neither, and i don't feel i need to "see" my keyboard, shifter, wheel or any peripherals when racing.
    i think i'm too used to be able to look to the apex for example in AC, and feels so natural to the eyes... but i find myself driving alone doing hotlaps all the time, and complaining against the physics , the AI ,, and, all the goodies where RF2 shines.

Once again.. i prefer to wait, i don't enjoy playing thru a screen anymore. If the support comes someday i'll be glad, if not.. well.. not.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why would you complain ? If you use other titles it works in really well why would you ? ;)

I was just saying 3 years ago
    .... etc. , etc.

I drive rF2 almost exclusively, to get value from it I would have had to stop driving rF2 and drive other sims or games........you understand me ? ;)

I am a hardcore online racer I don't play Rollercoaster and shooter games.

I would be better investing the money for 3 years then pouring into a drain I may never get a return.

People still complain about rF2 3 screen setup vs iRacing, so should I assume Rift will be any different. ?

I expect by the time Rift drops to a reasonable price level rFactor4 will be out lol ;) ...then I will be tempted to try it.

P.S.

People in my room would like it....................I wouldnt be able to chat/type on laps :( .................. hahahaha

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Back to the original topic... 3 screens straight across. Used to have them angled for multiview, but decided I preferred slightly higher framerates and can use my TrackIR. The pod is also my regular computing platform.

11. Depco

Depco Registered

Neither is DD's. So you are on even footing.

In any case I have a dedicated sim PC with racing rig. I have 3 22 inch monitors set up in Eyefinity. I also have a Nook Color running telemetry.