How Does rFpro Relate to rF2, If at All?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Empty Box, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

This came up on the iRacing forums - someone found an article on some other site about this - otherwise I would have never known about it. Looks like no one else knows about it either because I'm pretty sure people around here would be flipping their lids and screaming for Tim to do some 'splaning. So Tim, you got some 'splainin' to do! Maybe. Maybe not, but I think many of us would be interested in hearing more talk about rFPro, at least as it relates to us regular Joes. ;)

I think most of us have heard of rF Pro or rFactor Pro, though we pretty much know nothing about it other than it's used by race teams and various manufacturers to test stuff. But then this came up.

http://www.rfpro.com/MediaGalleryrFpro.aspx

Click that link. Those videos are a couple days old.

Don't forget Monaco either. Cool stuff, but on to the title and why I'm posting it...

So the question is, how does rFpro and rF2 relate? Is there any relation at all? We "know" rFpro is a platform with the rF1 graphics engine (or was), but that begs the question of who is creating the content for said engine? Is there any sort of bleed over between rFpro and rF2? Who is actually working on rFpro? Who is the dog's body and who is the dog's tail?

And the thing that actually tripped my up, the logo. We've seen rFpro with the rFactor R before, and it's that way on the website. But the Vimeo page has an entirely different logo, looking more modern, but strangely similar to a hybrid of Forza and Fanatec logos. Could the rFactor "brand" be close to undergoing an overhaul in anticipation for more of a marketing push finally?

You know, if a "low definition" Nordschleife happens to find it's way to me I won't mind. :cool: Doubtful, but hey, a man can dream right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Minibull

Minibull Member

It would be interesting to hear about. I was always under the impression that rFPro is a whole separate company/group of people, and that ISI was just licensing the engines out.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

I think in my case it is better not to know too much about it, it could cause I feel disadvantaged and possibly discriminated to be fobbed off with only a sim game. :) I already feel disadvantaged as a technician with the equipment which is available for disposal and I can or want afford, since they're not really worth for the purpose of then. For the pro version perhaps I would. ;)

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I remember Tim explaining this on these forums somewhere, just can't find it now.

5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

i thought there was a thread but couldn't remember for sure so didn't say anything. turns out i started it, lol.

I think tim said it's based on the rf1 engine but could have elements from rf2 i guess?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

How much money do you have ?

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

11. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

But will it be possible that rfactor 2 introduces nordschleife rfpro in rfactor 2!

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The OP is getting ready to do another rF2 troll video. It was noticed by one of his viewers that for the exact same reasons he loves the Indy car in iracing he called ISI's Indy car junk and made fun of it. Again, this was noticed by a "fan" of his. Matt has motives for this queries around here, believe me. ;)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Depends on the people who are using it and how the cars they make feel.

Sent using Tapatalk

14. 88mphTim

Like with anyone else using our engines, chances are remote.

Sent using Tapatalk

15. 88mphTim

He has an opinion on the DW12. Opinions are 100% fine. I share a lot if his opinions on our DW12 and have stated reasons for what it see as it's problems. Lack of data was a huge issue, something we've now rectified. I am very excited to hear what he thinks of the DW12 when we are able to give him a DW12 based off the data we have now.

Opinions are not wrong. Misinformation and plainly wrong information is the only thing I've personally ever complained about, and consider wrong to share if you're established as a source people as supposed to trust. Never seen a major one of those from him.

I took this as a fairly simple question. But it's been answered before. He possibly never saw either before.

Your opinion of him isn't one I find any evidence for really. The only issue might be perhaps a lack of reasons that we give not being passed onto his viewers. But that's not his problem either. It was our decision to release a car lacking fundamental data, and perhaps his videos simply highlight that, but it would have been an awful shame not to put the car and track out together. And we wouldn't have gotten the data without the release being public, it came in literally because of the release that was made. If he wanted, he could focus on the road car, which is very close to the old data, but isn't close enough for us, and said that. But, we didn't just release the road config, did we? :)

With regards the 'ring, ISI has access to things, but it speaks of our integrity that if data is licensed for Pro, it stays with Pro. Whether that is the name of teams who use it, track data or - if they ask the Pro team to do their physics at all - car data.

The Pro guys aren't working on rf2. The rf2 guys rarely work on Pro. Pro is an evolution of rf1 the same as rf2 is. See the links posted in replies already for more info.

Typed this on my phone, might be a spell checked mess here and there...

Sent using Tapatalk

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

has there been another dw12 version released?

17. 88mphTim

"When " - not yet. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Tim,

One of the possibilities you mentioned for the performance of the DW12 to be incorrect, especially the oval configuration, concerned the contact patch . Any updates in this regard?

Greets,

Roland

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Must be incredibly sad for you to see how people follows him more and more despite all your constant effort to discredit him in every single chance you have :D

20. 88mphTim

No. I've seen threads where people say something is different. I'm not aware of anything with tire or fb. Neither was Jeremy.

Sent using Tapatalk