How do we control the sound effects?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by KittX, Jan 15, 2012.

1. KittX

KittX Registered

I mean, the echo/reverb etc?
    Haven't found that in tutorial, but maybe i've missed it somewhere.

I love the sound effects of the new engine, probably i'll make a track inside a concert hall someday :D

EDIT: will you also implement some sort of phaser/flanger effects when the car is distant from camera (in the replay especially)? In real life the sound of car goes and reflects through a lot of "obstacles" which changes its phase, and makes a little flanger appear.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The reverb is currently calculated by the AIW corridors. I'm sure this will get some attention when we do the AIW tutorial :) .

3. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

No spotter sound for me, I use stereo monitors for speakers, Do I need 5.1 to get the spotter?

4. Hompe

Hompe Registered

So what? narrow corridors makes it echo?

5. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Yes, the edge end of the collision corridor controls the reverb right now (typically if it's shorter than the max length we can assume there is some kind of wall there)--closer the car is to it the more reverb you get. We also have plans to add reverb zones to increase reverb in tunnel-like areas--not sure when this will make it in though...

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

A question, so it's clear, the reverb/echoing is managed by the rF2 Engine for the outside sounds.
    But when you are in cockpit, is there a "post" processing on sounds to get more "loud/echoing" on the inside sounds or not? (not sure if I'm clear).
    In another words, do I need to add "cockpit closed" effect on my on-board sounds or is it managed/added by rF2 now?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

From what I understand it is managed by rF2 and calculated based on the track being driven.