how do i unlock all tire compounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonno, May 21, 2023.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

hi all

i want to unlock all tire compounds for the btcc cars i don't know why but some tracks just dont let you use all compounds iv tried all sorts iv tried changing the track ini car ini an it will let me but when trying to join server i get cant download mod please can someone help me out im at a total loss as to what to try

2. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

hi, it is a BTCC rule if you don't know it. it is normal.

beauce forced upgrade (on tires) is ON and set with tracks names.......as in real BTCC championship

in the real rules some round, teams have mandatory tires compound to use in each race of the weekend.

example of actual championship
    https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/why-goodyear/goodyear-racing/racing-btcc.html
    https://www.btcc.net/2023/05/18/wid...ts-up-a-weekend-of-btcc-action-at-snetterton/

some round have SOFT and MEDIUM
    other round only HARD
    it depend of track layout and speed

correct me if i am wrong but for Thruxton is quite fast they use only HARD tires.

It is a rule also in rfactor2 but i dont if it had been explain clearly to new sim drivers new to this car category (BTCC).
    on my side i am not clearly aware of how the Hybrid boost P2P in deployed and usable in race (nor qualy ?)

3. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

if you know RF2 or are curious
    yon can see the tire/tyre choice in .INI files

for Toyota Corolla 2020

in car-upgrades.mas in 1.51 folder (always 2nd folder of the car 1st is crypted)
    sort by type of file in .INI
    extract to desktop or any new folder => TrackConfigs.ini

in file ToyCorolla_BTCC_Upgrades.ini
    you get the tire packages for each track

if i am right

when Unrestricted = 0 allowed tires compound are SOFT + MED + HARD + WET
    when Standard = 1 allowed tires compound are SOFT + MED + WET ===========> Knockhill, Oulton Park
    when Medium and wet only= 2 allowed tires compound are MED + WET ==========> Brands Indy, Brands GP, Doni nat, Silver nat
    when Hard and wet only = 3 allowed tires compound are HARD + WET ===========> Thruxton

4. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

the only way to use the "unrestricted" is to go on a track that is not in the list or have a different track naming in files (league tracks ?)

or edit and do your personnal Upgrade files and include it by changing it in VEH line of the all 7 cars
    a long way for unexperimented sim driver

5. jonno

jonno Registered

Ok so i have duplicated posts sorry for that was early hours i must of nodded off lol.. Ok

So what i can see i think i know my issue with the ini file it looks like i just didnt understand it correct rather than replacing the number with a higher one i need to use 0 as thats the unrestricted number if thats correct i was using my dumb mind thinking if i increase the number it increases the tires lol it was late i blame being tired lol...