How do i set track Temperature different from Ambient Temperature?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Cougar-RC12, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Cougar-RC12

Cougar-RC12 Registered

if i set the air temperature it seems to set the track temperature the same. Is there a way to set a different track temp then air temp.
    example: i wanted to race monzas air temp to 75F and i want to set the track temp to 84F .
    is that something i can do with rf2? and if so how do i go about it?

Thanks for any help

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It can only be done with the live weather plugin.

But i don't know if these separate temperatures are applicable.
    I think only air temperature is used to calculate stuff.

Humidity and wind speed are not applicable too at the moment.
    You can give it any value. It doesn't change anything.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Bumping this. Is there any confirmation whether track temperature influences anything, or not?

And if so, if the live weather plugin can change it, surely there should be a manual setting we can use in the weather file to set it. But I can't find it.

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If I am not wrong it was tested with Motec that tire and ambient temperatures didn't make any difference in tire temp or grip values.

In any case it is very easy to check with scrpited weather (not when using GJ weather plugin) where both tire and track temperature show the same values if I am not wrong.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Here is the thread where the test I mention is commented.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=24613

For sure, there was someone who was putting into doubt other people's tests and claims with no argument

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi

For now, it seem that the track temp is set for the same as the ambiant of the START of the session and does not change after that even if the ambiant temp change. But for now, I am pretty sure the track temp does not do anything to the car/grip.

For the ambiant temp, it has definitely an impact on engine temp and brake temp. I had a server set with 35C at sebring with the flat6 one day and during the race everyone was overheating and blowed their engine in the first race because of that...

Hope that help

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

TGM tyre related track and ambient temperatures (affecting tyre heating/cooling) are static internally. It's something that should be looked at though at some point. Can't tell more at the moment.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

IRL even 10 degrees drop of road temperature can have a huge impact on the laptimes of an F1 car, so hopefully this is something that Studio 397 can look at fixing pretty soon. "Realroad" is not realroad without things like the temperature transmitting to the tire.