How do I know if I should be using certain helps on a car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by momoracer, Jan 7, 2018.

1. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I like to switch from old Formula 1 cars to newer ones to GT3... and so on, and I always want the most realistic experience possible.

The problem is, im not sure if it makes sense to disable all helps on a modern Formula 1 car. A modern Formula 1 car has no clutch so it auto-clutch should be "on", has stability and traction control as far as I know (not sure they should be set to low, medium or high).. etc.
    [​IMG]

So we have these settings... how would you set them for a 1988 Formula 1 vs a 2013 Formula 1 to make it as close to the real life thing as possible?

I propose that Studio 397 adds something called "realistic mode" or something, and let modders specify settings for each car, then if you enable this "realistic mode" these settings will automatically be set to match each car's requeriments to be handled like the real thing (similar to how rFactor knows automatically at how many degrees the wheel should be locked depending on the car) otherwise it's going to be annoying as hell having to change some of these settings everytime you switch cars. It would also help to standardize settings in online competitions instead of everyone using odd settings for some cars.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Or google the series. Wikipedia will answer . Btw modern F1 don’t have aids so should be set to off where as GT3 have ABS and TC. The league online racing is different with each league . We rarely run aids at SRA and set damage at 100% but others vary greatly , find one that suits your needs

3. momoracer

momoracer Registered

It would be cool if there was a thread with the perfect settings compiled for each month.

lso Studio 97 should look into what I said so we don't need to change them manually each time we change cars.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm skeptical they'll do anything on this regard but yeah, what you're proposing is something like the "Get Real" mode in R3E or the Factory ABS mode in AC which are pretty cool.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

out of interest I'm guessing your running DX 9 from the plugins you have installed

6. momoracer

momoracer Registered

That is not my screenshot, im not running any plugins.

Well they should allow us to have profiles for each car because it's a joke having to change settings manually all the time in 2018.

SlowMike and Mibrandt like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

You can change aids in car , one click of a button . Pretty simple and many leagues will have server settings by default for allowable aids