How do I disable the mandatory use of lights at night on the server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Mar 6, 2023.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello guys, in a new season we have decided to set all the races at a time of the day close to sunset to take advantage of the excellent moments of light that rF2 gives us in each circuit when the sun is already very low.

The problem is that some circuits are configured to require the lights to drive very early, and we want to avoid their use because, firstly, they are not really necessary, and secondly, the lights are an unnecessary overhead for certain Low spec PCs. .

At this point, to avoid being penalized for not turning them on, we configure the server as "Full w/o DQ" so that it doesn't penalize, but it takes out the Safety Car, which we don't want.

At this point, what is the best option to get what I want?

Is there a setting that disables the mandatory use of lights?
    Would it be easier to configure the Safety Car so that it never leaves?

Thank you.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@JParra Set the HeadlightsRequired = to False in the Tracks GDB File.
    If i remember it right, this can not be overwritten by the RFM, but you can also try that before you change the GDB File(s).
    Set this Value (HeadlightsRequired = False) in the RFM of the Server Mod and check if it works with that too.

3. JParra

JParra Registered

At the moment, in configured "MULTI Safety Car Thresh": 100, to prevent the safety car from coming out.

4. JParra

JParra Registered

I'll try the rFm thing too, I don't want to have to edit all the tracks. Thank you so much.