SOLVED How do I completely get rid of rF2 from HD?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nielsen, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

I have just given up on this game.
    Twice the game wouldnt start after a normal shutdown and without any error messages.
    I have both Raceroom, pCars2 and ACC running completely stable without problems.
    But with rF2 both times the 3 JSONs with Player, Multip and worst controller had suddenly no content inside.
    Which means that I had to start all over setting the damned game and my custom (SRW-S1) controller up again.
    What made me complete stop this joke of an install is that now it doesnt help to delete the 3x jsons and start all over - eventhough I did let the game download all the content again 1H+.
    Hehe never since my DOS game days I have had such an unstable game.

So How do I complete get rid of this goofy game from my HD?
    NOTE: Steams uninstall doesnt do the trick - something is still left.:mad:

Reinstall1-5.png

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Just delete the folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\ after uninstall. Just beware that this gets rid of everything, including mods and personal settings.

3. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Thank you Stonec
    I had just figured that out - and was surprised how many GB was actually left after Steams socalled "uninstall".:rolleyes:
    To really get rid of the last leftovers I used a Registry tool and deleted all HKEYs with Rfactor 2 inside.

Hehe so now I will use my gaming time on mainly Raceroom - but will follow close what will happen with the announced strange AMS Madnes clone:D

EDIT: The only thing I will be missing from rF2 is the use of the MoteC telemetry.
    Using this gives a certain proff feeling to ones gaming experience;)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Most uninstallers only remove what they installed themselves, so any addon downloads would probably be left alone. Anyway, sounds like you've worked that out now, so all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.