How do I calculate fuel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by halono, Jan 10, 2016.

1. halono

halono Registered

is there a way to see how much fuel I use per lap?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Eeehm, - take alook at the HUD litres/laps ?? :confused:

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Also in the garage, It will tell you how much fuel you will use (roughly) for a certain amount of laps. Then divide by that number of laps and you get fuel per lap.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Do not rely on HUDS.

You must check yourself every car every track.

Put how many litres it says for 1 lap , see if you can get back to pits.

Then again I have never seen fuel levels as particular important unless you are doing full distance races.

Even then a bit more is always better then a bit less, you get good grip at the end of your runs not being empty and you have a little more latitude to change strategy.

5. halono

halono Registered

i'll run a 25 minutes race tomorrow and laptimes are about 1:50. i cant see my consumption anywhere. sorry im new to rfactor. (i bought this in 2014 but never bothered driving it)

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In settings/controls you have keys assigned for speedo hud, it contains your current fuel level and predicted laps left..........I use the word predicted loosely.

[​IMG]

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Trackmap plugin/GIDHud is pretty reliable. 100% I'd say.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you like plugs ins..........

I prefer to get to know my cars and tracks unencumbered by fantasy driven technologically advanced devices. hehehe

lol ;) jk jk

But to be fair they want to drive Historics and talk about realistic clutches and inner tyre temps ( rolleyes ) Jim never even knew what his temps or pressures were...

Then in the same heartbeat they go use LCDs, teampseak and plugins , things were not even thought of back in the 1960's ? :confused: How to they reconcile the two ?

Yeah ..........how realistic do you want to race ?

Even in a modern car, 100% realism you should be reading the info of your cars wheel or dash LCD not a magic HUD. :)

edit.........

BTW

If the real car in question has a LCD and the mod does not have one or does not have the info the real car's LCD has .........then by all means that is fair game to add your own......

So I not completely heartless. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

As accurate as it gets currently, yeah.
    Right down to secs of fuel left, so you can't really go wrong with that. :)

10. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

really works fine +1

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

... error, wrong thread, ignore post... i said IGNORE!!
    go on... go to the next post... it's just below this one...
    go there now.
    please, stop reading this post. it was an accident. i'd delete it if i could. i'll report it to tim and maybe, in time, it will be deleted.
    please, just go, leave me, i'm sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

What did you have for breakfast?

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

13. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

99.95% ;) After many, many years of use I've encountered only two tracks (both in rF1, particular versions of Eastern Creek and Zandvoort) where fuel usage is off work at but it's not GID/TM's fault, it's a track error. If you see the sectors screwed up in the map and/or timing then pay close attention to fuel. I ran out once because of that. Every other track though... it's been accurate to fractions of a litre.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Lol

15. P*Funk

P*Funk Registered

Who wouldn't? Its a feature that lets us solve problems that ISI hasn't given us a solution to or for which we find their provided solution insufficient/not to taste.

The thing that changes all of that is the fact that firstly not every car modeled has all correct items represented on the dash but more importantly no real race car ever period was run by a single guy alone by himself with nobody else there with knowledge to help him in ways he couldn't help himself. Even before radios and telemetry you'd have guys on the pit straight with signs and stop watches trying to figure out the stuff you don't have time to think about preparing to writing on some chalk board for you to see the next time you go by. Outside of the car its no different where the entire team is working on your set up and in modern cars collecting telemetry and telling you what they see and helping you based on what you say and building a strategy and even changing the strategy as the race goes. Even for a modest shallow sim racer pick up race they are doing careful fuel calculations for you and timing it leaving the driver with 100% concentration on driving.

So really realism is totally arbitrary and you can't say people should be reading their in game LCDs only because none of the tools provided to a driver in real life in a race car was ever intended to be used without 20+ people in the pit lane to support him.

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That moment you start using more fuel than predicted and Trackmap/GID your future :D

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I want to have this post's babies. In a manly way, obviously.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I accidently read your entire post :/