How Can I Increase AI Speed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ho3n3r, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I have set the AI to 120% but they're still 6 seconds off the pace. This is after I did the AI calibration - before that it was about 7 seconds.

What is the easiest way to make them catch up this deficit?

2. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Are they maxing out on top speed? They don't adjust gearbox ratios and are limited on long straights. You have to assign your setup to an AI driver by "AI Setup"option in the garage.

Or it's the track's parameters. I believe the AIW file. Not sure. If it is that, then that involves modding, etc. Above my head.

What track and car? That would help to know too.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Indeed I already gave them my setup. Their lines don't look bad at all but it's like they're tentative and braking a lot sooner than they should.

FSR 2015 mod with FSR Suzuka.

The AIW thing seems way out for anything I'd even attempt.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The AI are too fast at some tracks and too slow at others. When it's this far off, it suggests that next to no attention was paid when modding. It would require an AIW construction process that is a lot of work to do properly.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Would that be the case even if they follow the correct line but are just slow on it? They brake for 130R, even though they hit the apex.

6. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

8. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

mods and AI don't seem to mix very well I've found. The official ISI content + AI is pretty good.

9. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

LOL try stock cars at Bathurst or Historics at any track. Not always "pretty good".

10. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

heh - I can't drive those historics :) I wouldn't know if the AI was driving poorly due to my poor driving :)

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not for everyone but I've begun driving against faster cars when AI too slow :p

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Anyway, I am better off just using spare time to practice even alone than spending days to fix this.

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Any cars you know that can go 6-7 seconds faster than 1:30.0 on quali fuel here that you know of?

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Nope.

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Are you speaking about pure AI max speed or lap time? In both cases it depends of the author of the mod. In addition the track can have a role in the AI performance and in addition the AI performance and behavior is in full development by ISI in the last months.
    Due to the fact it depends mainly by the mod itself, what you can set maybe not enough. Humans drive the TGM file for tires vs. old TBC file for AIs and this fact amplifies the lack of balancing. A mod well developed brings little differences in performances between AI and human, also if there are several variables, like the conditions of the surface (more or less "dry", more or less "rubberized") that could influence performances.
    A quick test you can do to have an idea about the quality of AI vs human for a specific mod is to test the max speed. If the difference in normal conditions between AI max speed and human one (default setup) is within a couple of km/h, this is symptom of good quality and it means that wheel rolling resistance into TBC vs TGM (that must be calculated in a total different way) are kept nice.

Hope this can be of help.

16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Without over-complicating it, I do around 1:35.5's initially with 167 litres, they do low 1:42's. So I need them to be that deficit faster. My quali pace is around the 1:31.0 mark, or just below.

The mod is based on Formula ISI, with small tweaks like dirty air and slightly more mechanical grip.

They use my setup and their top speed is equal to mine. But for T1 they already start braking before the apex, where a human only really brakes lightly for turn 2, beginning just after the apex of turn 1. Their line is fine, but they are so tentative, even on 120% strength and 100% aggressiveness. Even in training(alone) they don't go faster than 1:41's with that setup.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

If it's only their braking, look at AI Brake Usage in your player file. Increase it closer to 1.0 (max).

18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As Emery said, that is a good option to test. But a word in your sentence Ho3n3r lets me dubious: mechanical grip. But I cannot add any more because I have no certain data and I understand you have modified the original mod. Once again I'd like to recall your attention on the difference that now appears between human and AI into the physic. Do not undervalue it. And if "mechanical grip" means to have changed some coefficient into the realtime section of the TGM files for human and/or into the TBC files for AIs, here is the main issue and also the overall balance in any single coefficient of the AIs, as well as the Talent files if used. With the last 3, 4 builds of rF2 several coefficients are no longer in use for AIs as well as new ones are added, so it is easy to understand that you have to look at several aspects and the solution could be in "over-complicating" this stuff.

19. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

What? There are actually people out there using 120% AI? And they're complaining of AI being too slow? What the eff am I doing wrong? lol :(

20. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

Hi all im sorry for my english have same but different our problems . If racing 100 % ai it s fast for me . If test 70 80 90 % ai f1 2014 are very stupid making only incredibile incident . I woul like to play with ai inteligent 100 % but must racing slow. Who can help me ?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk