how can i find the Track path xyz AIW file

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by toni, Feb 25, 2014.

1. toni

toni Registered

if found the aiw file with path information that means the width, length and height ( coordinate and , i just want to know if
    the AIW file is the right one , and there is a lot of information , which from this variable are the right one??

through the internal plugins i can find the position information from the vehicle mpos(x,y,z)

i would like to compare the vehicle position and the path position and through this
    to find out when my vehicle is coming out the path

can sombody help me

2. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

The AIW file is contained in one of the mass files of the track which are stored in the installed\locations directory and sub-directories.

If you look at SaoPauloGP (just as an example) the file is located in ISI_SaoPaulo_2013\1.01\SaoPauloGP.mas

The only way I see to get access to the file is that you read and parse the AIW file during loading. The tricky part is extracting the mas-file - but Noel knows how to do it because he wrote an "extract" tool which allows you to extract mas files through an explorer pop-up menu.

@Noel: Did you ever think about providing the algorithm you are using or a library just providing two functions:

bool unpack_rfcmp( const char* filename, const char* location);
    bool extract_masfile ( const char* filename, const char* location);

Method definitions just quick proposals to better illustrate what I mean.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Code:
    ModMgr -help
    You can extract MAS files but not rfcmp files. But it is possible to "install" an rfcmp/rfmod into a temp folder to gain access to the files.